Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Antimicrobial Natural Product Berberine Is Efficacious for the Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation

Posted by borsaric 
Very interesting study on berberine for the treatment of fibrillation:
[pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Conclusions: "...We find that berberine and amiodarone are equally effective for conversion of AF and maintenance of normal SR"
Interesting. Here is another article. [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] The effect on acetylcholine seems to be involved.

Ber has anti-arrhythmic actions as well as anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-atherosclerosis, anti-myocardial ischemia, and even anti-thrombosis effects [19-23]. Therefore, Ber is potentially more suitable for treating chronic AF than other similar AADs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2022 01:12PM by Daisy.
Interesting and I just came across information the other day that Berberine can be used in place of Metaformin for those with sugar/diabetes concerns and it has less side effects.
so what about bradycardia with berberine? Anyone have any info on that or experience? I read some reference to this. I have a ?wide/long?? PR interval and some lower rates at time probably from the flecanide but I have been having a ton of PACs and was considering trying the berberine until I read some on the bradycardia.
bettylou4488
so what about bradycardia with berberine?
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
thanks. I did see that one. I noticed it was just one guy.. but still. Mostly I'm having a ton of PACs.. on and off. When I eat higher protein lower carb they seem to be better. It just taking some getting used to and looking for other fixes... A girl can only eat so many eggs. (Plus my cholesterol is high- depending on your definition- so it is a toggling thing.).

GeorgeN

so what about bradycardia with berberine?
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
How do we read the entire study? The abstract doesn't tell how much berberine they took or how often, for how long. Is it to be taken indefinitely? Any reason not to?
LaniB
How do we read the entire study? The abstract doesn't tell how much berberine they took or how often, for how long. Is it to be taken indefinitely? Any reason not to?

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login