Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pulse field ablation appt. with Dr. Vivek Reddy

Posted by Johnnyk80 
Pulse field ablation appt. with Dr. Vivek Reddy
September 24, 2022 08:52AM
Hello all. I have an appointment with Dr Vivek Reddy in Mount Sinai hospital in NYC for a pulse field ablation clinical trial. I am wondering if anyone has seen Dr Reddy and has any feedback on their experience. Also, I want to pursue pulse field because from what I have read, all of the results thus far have been stellar. One EP told me that it is a shorter, easier less invasive process with less recovery time and less chance for issues during the blanking period. Would love feedback as to what everyone else is hearing or reading.

John
Re: Pulse field ablation appt. with Dr. Vivek Reddy
September 24, 2022 09:22AM
John, I had a pulsed field ablation in Austin, performed by Dr Natale in June. My personal experience so far has been amazing. The only discomfort I experienced was when I removed the bandages from the catheter groin insertions; this lasted a few days. No discomfort from the experience, no chest pain, no ectopic beats or afib episodes. I have resumed all physical activities, cycling, brisk walking, workouts, etc. Dr Natale had me take Flecainide for a few weeks, then discontinued; I felt no difference. Also at 3 months he discontinued Eliquis. The procedure time was 90 minutes, there were no complications. I feel incredible, what a relief and I am very great full!

Steve
September 24, 2022 03:14PM
Johnnyk80
Hello all. I have an appointment with Dr Vivek Reddy in Mount Sinai hospital in NYC for a pulse field ablation clinical trial. I am wondering if anyone has seen Dr Reddy and has any feedback on their experience. Also, I want to pursue pulse field because from what I have read, all of the results thus far have been stellar. One EP told me that it is a shorter, easier less invasive process with less recovery time and less chance for issues during the blanking period. Would love feedback as to what everyone else is hearing or reading.

John
Dr Reddy was highly recommended from Dr Halperin, a cardiologist at MT Sinai’s cardiology. Unfortunately the trial is for first ablations only. In 2019 Dr Natale wasn’t doing pulse in California, his satellite office. I wished I had waited and gone to Austin when Dr Natale started doing pulse. It’s uses no heat and I think safer. If you can get in a trial with Dr Reddy or Natale you should grab it. I have had three ablations done by Natale. You may want to consider Austin too and get a virtual appointment with Natale and then choose.
September 24, 2022 06:28PM
John…..my first appointment with Dr Natale was virtual, followed by the procedure. I have been very impressed with Dr Natale and his wonderful staff at St David’s. I live in Florida and didn’t find the travel difficult; you may want to consider it if travel is an option. The trial I am participating in is called AdMire, it’s a non randomized, single arm trial; you can check out the details at clinicaltrials.gov. FYI….With a non randomized trial you know upfront that you will receive a pulse field procedure vs a randomized where you do not.

Steve
September 24, 2022 08:24PM
Steve, I did see the pulse field study called Biosense Webster Admire pulse field. That is what I am interested in.

What was the time frame between your virtual with Dr Natale and when you actually had the procedure? Did you know during or after the virtual appt. that you would be included in the study?
September 25, 2022 08:30AM
John, I had the virtual on April 4th, I waited about 1 month before research contacted me and scheduled the procedure for June 9th. I had to be on a blood thinner for a minimum of 30 days prior to the ablation and that delayed the procedure scheduling a couple of weeks. I had provided my medical records including a 14 day holter monitor report prior to the virtual (providing full medical records prior to the appointment is very important!) so Dr Natale had everything he needed for a procedure recommendation during the appointment. Yes he told me during the virtual that I qualified for the Admire PFA trial. FYI…prior to the start of Admire in the US, Dr Natale had participated in the European study of the same Biosense Webster PFA system Under the study name Inspire. So he was familiar with it and spoke highly of it. inspire has been going on for about two years and it’s my understanding that the accumulated experience from that study was used to develop the US version under the study name Admire.
October 06, 2022 06:52PM
How did you find out that you were randomized into the pulse group? I was part of the same trial in August and still do not know which randomized trial group I was in.
May 04, 2023 11:31AM
Geocappy
How did you find out that you were randomized into the pulse group? I was part of the same trial in August and still do not know which randomized trial group I was in.

Did you ever find out if you received PFA or RF? How are you doing?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login