Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Afib and power plate

Posted by Sam 
Sam
Afib and power plate
September 16, 2022 11:28AM
My ablation worked for 13 months and 50 mg Flecainide has kept me in rhythm for over 18 months.

Does anyone know if it is safe for me to use a Power Plate?
Re: Afib and power plate
September 16, 2022 04:09PM
Sam
My ablation worked for 13 months and 50 mg Flecainide has kept me in rhythm for over 18 months.

Does anyone know if it is safe for me to use a Power Plate?

I can't say it is safe for you as we are all different, but I use a vibe plate with similar specs most days without issue. This morning I did a series of 90 second Timed Static Contractions on the plate. I've got mine configured such that I can attach 2" webbing to the base (for things like deadlift, squats, overhead lifts & etc.) and then use an Isochain bar, which has a pressure transducer that records max force applied and can also be set to give an audio signal when you are pulling at least a set amount of force on the bar.

I have mine set for 1.5 - 3.0 mm amplitude and 30Hz for these lifts. I also use it along with my roller to roll out trigger points at the lower 0.7- 1.2 mm amplitude & 30Hz. I've never experienced any ectopics or afib from using the plate.
Sam
Re: Afib and power plate
September 17, 2022 12:26PM
Thanks for replying, George. I have a home gym with weights and machines which I use five days a week. I have Peripheral Neuropathy - a tingling numbness in the legs and feet - and the power plate is highly recommended for this.

I'me very tempted now to give it a try.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login