Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3 months and two days

Posted by BigBoy2020 
3 months and two days
August 27, 2022 06:34AM
That is how long I made it after ablation without missing a beat - not even a single PAC. PAC’s returned a week ago, then five days later leading to afib overnight per my Apple Watch (I confirm it with my watch; I can definitely feel it). 46M, overweight, treated sleep apnea. Working on the weight loss but also had afib when I was less heavy.

This is of course depressing. I really want my NSR back. The three months post-ablation were amazing. I had my second follow up with the EP’s office (his NP) literally on a Tuesday with PACs returning the following Friday night and now Afib a week later.

How soon until I should jump into a second ablation procedure?
Re: 3 months and two days
August 27, 2022 10:39AM
Are you still in afib?
Do you take rhythm drugs?
August 27, 2022 11:01PM
Afib all night last night and off and on during the day but mostly PACs. Knock on wood I am perfect NSR at the moment.

No meds.
August 28, 2022 01:11AM
You won't be invited back for further diagnostics and more intervention earlier than several months post initial ablation. You'll still need the blood panel and maybe a CT scan again so that your innards can be demonstrably good, or at least that no substantial changes have taken place, such as a tumor or whatever. I don't know the medical system's rules or protocols, but your heart and system need a solid run of healing before the EP will want to start the procedure all over again. Even so, the best person to ask is probably the clerk, or the EP him/herself.

Also, the question by Pompon is à propos. What do you take by mouth that was prescribed post ablation for any remedial or prophylactic effect? Maybe metoprolol will help, but it isn't anti-arrhythmic. It's purpose is 'rate control'. It is more likely that you would be prescribed sotolol, flecainide, or multaq, as the case may be, or Amiodarone if it's indicated and you have a rapid arrhythmia, as I have.

Again, pose the question(s) to those who are caring for you.
Ken
August 28, 2022 10:30AM
Give it some time. I experienced a very unusual recovery from my second ablation. First lasted 13 years. The second was in Jan. of 2020, was on Flec for a month post ablation and then no meds. During April and May, I had 6 breakthroughs of afib, stopped with Flec with "pill in the pocket". Then one more in August of 2020. Now, two years afib free with no meds. Strange..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2022 10:34AM by Ken.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login