Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Should one temporarily increase Eliquis from 2.5 to 5 during covid?

Posted by susan.d 
Should one temporarily increase Eliquis from 2.5 to 5 during covid?
August 17, 2022 09:28PM
I’m in a foreign country and someone coughed on me and according to the rapid antigen test I’m now positive completely sick, hot, coughing and worn out and developed another atrial flutter..

Unfortunately my entire family left to a seaside resort and I’m alone with a tachycardia flutter that won’t convert with my massive dosing of drugs I was told to take before the flight.

Should those with watchman implants taking reduced Eliquis increase back to 5mg because of covid?
Re: Should one temporarily increase Eliquis from 2.5 to 5 during covid?
August 18, 2022 12:10AM
I don't know the answer to that question and I doubt anyone does, but I would if I were in your situation. COVID has a nasty reputation for increasing coagulation and that may be behind many of its ill effects. I told my wife back in 2020 that she would be starting Eliquis if she became COVID positive, and she has no clotting risk factors at all. The Watchman isn't very relevant because the clotting caused by COVID happens everywhere, not just your heart.
August 18, 2022 12:22AM
susan.d
I’m in a foreign country and someone coughed on me and according to the rapid antigen test I’m now positive completely sick, hot, coughing and worn out and developed another atrial flutter..

Unfortunately my entire family left to a seaside resort and I’m alone with a tachycardia flutter that won’t convert with my massive dosing of drugs I was told to take before the flight.

Should those with watchman implants taking reduced Eliquis increase back to 5mg because of covid?
Sad news. I wish you'll soon be fine !
August 18, 2022 10:28AM
Take care Susan...keep your fluids up and try and get some good nourishment and rest.
August 19, 2022 06:43PM
Susan - I'm late reading posts... so very sorry about your dilemma.
I hope by now you are having some positive results with your remedies.
Special thoughts and prayers to you,
Jackie
August 20, 2022 07:39AM
Hi Susan.

I am hoping you are feeling better by now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2022 07:39AM by bettylou4488.
August 20, 2022 04:02PM
Does anyone know how many days of symptoms before they are not contagious? My symptoms started Tuesday, test positive Wednesday-actually a negative and two positives (I might had messed up the first test) so today is day 4 of symptoms so I took another test and it’s still positive. While here I want to see an EP dr Natale recommended but I don’t want to be contagious..

My fever just broke :-) but I’m getting lots of short arrhythmias which my pacemaker converts.
August 20, 2022 04:29PM
You should not be contagious after five days from fever break or after the onset of symptoms. However, you could be contagious prior to symptoms turning up, and that's where most of us make mistakes in protecting ourselves and those we want to safeguard from illness.
August 21, 2022 02:56AM
This is a CDC update from the 11th of this month. Contagiousness depends on how sick you are, and how far you want to go to protect others who may be high risk.

[www.cdc.gov]
August 21, 2022 10:42AM
The Anti-Fib
This is a CDC update from the 11th of this month. Contagiousness depends on how sick you are, and how far you want to go to protect others who may be high risk.

[www.cdc.gov]

Thanks. I decided to go to the mall. I got a ride to the mall and approximately 70 feet of walking I had to sit and I regretted it. I wore a tight blue n95 plus a face shield-guaranteed I couldn’t breathe. We ate outside and anytime the waitress appeared I immediately put my mask back on. I’m 5 days post symptoms and haven’t had any fever in 24 hours. The following hours I walked 50 feet at a time and sat. It was great and once I was wearing both mask and shield and a woman started to walk towards me and I told her to stop and explained why. Her covid started 10 days ago and she was absolutely feeling great. I don’t know how at 63 she and her husband got a covid pill but obviously it helps. She didn’t wear a mask.

Your link:
If after 5 days you are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication, and your symptoms are improving, or you never had symptoms, you may end isolation after day 5.
Regardless of when you end isolation, avoid being around people who are more likely to get very sick from COVID-19 until at least day 11.
You should wear a high-quality mask through day 10.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login