Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Post Watchman FLX Six Month TEE

Posted by JayBros 
Post Watchman FLX Six Month TEE
August 14, 2022 09:25PM
I had the six month TEE following my Watchman implant on 2/15. Everything came up roses. The first thing Dr. Natale said when he entered my room was, "You are off Xarelto, and I want you to take a baby aspirin every other day." After 20 years on anticoagulants those were the best words I've heard in a long time. The humorous portion of the study report was, "No intracardiac thrombus or vegetation is seen." That was a relief because my lawn is infested with nutsedge this year and I'm glad it didn't spread to my old ticker.
Re: Post Watchman FLX Six Month TEE
August 14, 2022 10:54PM
LOL! I don't even know what nutsedge is but I'm glad to hear your Watchman is okay and you're not infested with it. smiling smiley
Ken
August 15, 2022 09:23AM
Nutsedge is like afib, it's possible to control, but impossible to get rid of it. Messes up your lawn, grows and spreads underground, so ongoing spraying of visible sprigs (which pop up fast) can limit it's spread. I have been treating mine for 8 years or so.
August 15, 2022 09:57AM
Nothing kills it. I poured kettles of boiling water every foot drowning the roots hoping to kill it but was unsuccessful. We thought the guys we hired dug it up was successful so we added black weed fabric (prevents root disease growth penetration) but it grew through two layers of lawn weed fabric.

My first EP gave me a great example of afib. He said imagine mowing your lawn, the grass returns. Grass is like afib- you need to burn one’s heart tissue similar to rototilling one’s lawn weeds to get rid of it…but new spots keeps returning…thus touchup ablations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login