Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wow- Good RX Flecainide

Posted by Geocappy 
Wow- Good RX Flecainide
August 12, 2022 06:16PM
I just found out I have been overpaying for my Flecainide. I have been paying $40-50 co-pay for 30 day supply of my various dosage strengths of Flecainide Acetate. Now I find out I can get the same drug for as little as $12 at Winn Dixie thru Good RX without using my insurance. What am I missing. I was told Good RX can do this because they data mine my information. Any thoughts on how this works or should I just pay higher price and forget Good RX
Re: Wow- Good RX Flecainide
August 12, 2022 07:34PM
GoodRx is legit. I've used it to get a prescription for $15/month that costs $200/mo through insurance.

They do what Medicare hasn't been allowed to do: negotiate prices with pharmaceutical companies. Then they market that discount to big chains and take a cut from them for sending the business their way. You might notice that most of the places that take GoodRx and offer the best prices AREN'T pharmacies. I think that's their business model: cutting deals with non-pharmacies to allow them to compete with the big pharmacy chains.

GoodRx doesn't know anything about me other than a throwaway email address, so I don't think they mined any useful data from me. And even if they did, so what? Every single company you deal with in every arena of business mines your data these days. Its inescapable. But HIPAA still applies to all of them (in the US), so there's only so much they can do with that data anyway. If they sold data indicating that I take drug X to a company that doesn't have a legitimate need to know under HIPAA, they would be blasted out of existence in a hurry.

The only downside is buying it through them won't count against any deductible you might have.
August 14, 2022 08:54PM
I'm lucky to get 90-day supply of Flecainide for $25 through my insurance drug plan. But for some reason I'm having to pay a ridiculous amount for 90-day Eliquis!!! Almost as much as my car payment! Maybe there's no generic. Throw in Metoprolol and Metformin and Zocor just to make things even tighter budget!
August 15, 2022 12:00AM
You don’t need to pay so much. I and two fellow readers pay much less. I’ve been getting my drugs at israelpharm for years. They ship quickly. Liz got hers in 3 days. The expiration date is great. I have a $50 code:
Code: ref6604998

[www.israelpharm.com]

Eliquis
Brand Eliquis 5mg 56 Tablets
$105.00

Brand Eliquis 2.5mg 56 Tablets
$105.00
Same price for 2.5mg and 5mg. For those who take 2.5 it’s worth splitting the pill and order the 5mg.

And then subtract $50 using the code above so it costs $55 for your first order, free shipping if your order is $75. I just order enough to get free shipping.

Or if you don’t have part D, Eliquis website offers a co pay plan that subtracts a monthly $20. Those on Multaq, go to their website for their co pay plan discount. It’s $50 off a month if you don’t have plan D. Since my brand copay is $30, I used to get it for free.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2022 01:49AM by susan.d.
August 15, 2022 11:12AM
So I just paid $12.29 to Winn Dixie (no insurance). Followup 30 day doses of 100mgx2 will be $19. I was paying a copay of $40 on retail cost of $154. I will have to check but that would mean GoodRx is saving me over $200 on annual basis along with $1200 per year on my insurance (3 more months of Xarelto before donut hole). Sheesh. Hopefully, I will be off it prior to all this.
August 21, 2022 07:44PM
You flecainide users....with or without a betablocker/metoprolol etc?
August 21, 2022 11:00PM
swhanson
You flecainide users....with or without a betablocker/metoprolol etc?

Not exactly sure what you're asking but flecainide without a rate control drug such as metoprolol has a potentially dangerous side effect. Almost all EPs will prescribe both of them together for that reason.
August 24, 2022 09:04PM
I have been on Flecainide on and off for 40+ years. Occasionally used a BB. Never had a problem not using a BB, however when they suggested to try on a regular basis, made the arrythmia worse at higher doses. Also have had two ablations, so that may be a reason not a requirement for me. Cardizem worked a little better without issues. Still on flecainide to ensure I stay in rhythm. Even in the best of hands ablations are not always 100% successful. Some EPs are prescribing Renexa. Always good to ask about options. Unfortunately, as my Doc said, trial and error.
August 24, 2022 11:31PM
The side effect I was referring to is rare, so no surprise you've never experienced it. But it's potentially lethal, so doctors can't ignore it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login