Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PACs after ablation

Posted by Rayole4382 
PACs after ablation
August 09, 2022 09:13PM
I had rf ablation March 1 of this year. I am a 51 year old male good shape. Things went pretty smooth other than a few bumps during the blanking period. Had to get cardioverted at the 2.5 month mark. Since then I have felt really good except some brief moments of PACs. Going with PACs off of what my Apple Watch reading says and cardiologist seems to agree that’s what they are. I see cardiologist more than the EP who did my ablation but they have a direct link to each other. Cardiologist wants me to stay on 25 mg of metropolol for 6 more months until I see her again. Just wondering how many of you have dealt with PACs post ablation and did they get better? Can’t identify a trigger.
Re: PACs after ablation
August 09, 2022 11:04PM
I consider PACs after ablation as a sign AFib can't start any more. They're benign, but some patients find them annoying if they feel them too strongly. Others barely notice them.
Unless you've 15-20000 PACs/day, your EP wouldn't worry.
August 10, 2022 12:07AM
I'm having PVC, but no PAC, at least not that I can sense, and i used to know when I was in AF. I am two weeks out of surgery, but was hospitalized with tachycardia a week ago. So, I haven't done very well. However, I have been out walking twice the past week and the heart has been stable, Amiodarone and I are on a holiday together until Sep 13th.

My heart has 'good' and 'bad' days, what I would call cranky. I get PVCs or something like that, and feel hard contractions. They settle, though, after maybe 2-4 hours, and then all is good again. Today has been great. Tomorrow......
August 10, 2022 05:10AM
I found for me after the first two ablations that Tenormin stopped them cold Turkey. I actually had a 33% PVCs burden and was scheduled for a pvc ablation but the Tenormin was 100% successful four days before the pvc ablation so I dodged the bullet and canceled the ablation.

You may want to discuss with your EP a beta blocker for your PVCs. Good luck!
August 10, 2022 07:57AM
Definitely not having that many a day at least that I can feel. I am not even having them every day. I have been feeling really good and these are like little gnats that can be swatted away.
August 14, 2022 08:56PM
I've had PACs for a long time. Matter of fact, after my Watchman implant in Feb my routine Kardi Mobile ECGs sent to TCAI always said possible atrial fibrillation when I was in NSR. I can't feel them except when taking carotid pulse and don't worry about them at all.
August 15, 2022 02:25PM
I had tons of PACs after my afib ablation. Would get a skipped beat thud every four seconds for runs of five or more. And I'd get them for hours on end. Went on for months a months. I was on here all the time looking for re-assurance they would subside and was told they would settle down but I didn't believe it. Well they did. I'm nearly three years out now, and yes I still have a bad day here and there. But nothing like it was. Nothing. I would say it took almost an entire year for things to settle down and still got better from there. Stay hydrated, know your triggers and stay positive. Things should improve.
August 30, 2022 03:50PM
Haven't posted in a while. My ablation was done Aug 2015 and was very successful with only one brief episode during the blanking period. However, for the past year or so, I get many many PAC's during exercise periods as indicated on my Fourth Frontier heart monitor. Normally my resting HR is in the 40's, (atenolol and flec every day), but as my HR increases while exercising, the PAC's are very noticeable. No matter how hard I push, the HR rarely gets above 110. (69 yrs old). I recently had a CRVO (Central Retinal Vein Occlusion) and doc ordered blood work, cardiac and jugular ultrasound that were all normal. My cardiologist says the PAC's are benign. Just very unsettling.

It's nice to read all of the new posts and wishing continued good health to all.

Thanks
Ralph
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login