Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

THC/ afib

Posted by bettylou4488 
THC/ afib
July 12, 2022 09:27PM
Although I wasn't able to use the search bar on this forum I did use google to search for "THC afibbers" and "marijuana afibbers". I found a few posts. I am not looking to find if it helps but more if it might be a trigger. I see a sleep doctor and it is one of the very few things we have not tried. It seems many of my friends (post menopausal women) are using it more and more for sleep. My EP is adjusting my meds at the moment so I am not doing this at least for a few weeks but I sincerely need more sleep and I have for years. (You are free to give me ideas but I bet a buck fifty I have tried it. but please I welcome suggestions. We could make a game of it LOL!). Has anyone taken THC in one form or another (for medical reasons or not) and had issues with their afib? You are welcome to PM me. I am familiar with medical marijuana for other folks so the concept ins't new to me.
Re: THC/ afib
July 13, 2022 10:05AM
I was hopeful about THC (Indica tincture or chocolate) for sleep as it really does work, but for me, it does trigger Afib. I tested it so many times and each time it triggered Afib. I suspect this isn’t true for most though. I was surprised because I am not triggered by the usual suspects. If you do decide to try it please report back and let us know.
July 13, 2022 10:09AM
Daisy
I was hopeful about THC (Indica tincture or chocolate) for sleep as it really does work, but for me, it does trigger Afib. I tested it so many times and each time it triggered Afib. I suspect this isn’t true for most though. I was surprised because I am not triggered by the usual suspects. If you do decide to try it please report back and let us know.

thanks. I wonder if it is the strain so I was thinking of making my own tincture. Vs. just getting gummies. Do you know what specifically you tried? Everyone I know for sleep takes "gummies" but there are a lot of gummies LOL! I know others that make tinctures for their own purposes. Either way.. thanks for the input. I actually slept really decent last night .. no gummies or otherwise!!..
July 13, 2022 10:44AM
I tried Indica from a state licensed medical cannabis shop and it worked well. I also tried Sativa and CBD, but neither helped me with sleep. Good luck!
October 09, 2022 03:44PM
I have a Florida, Cannabis license for severe osteoarthritis and related pain. This month, I got a recurrence of arrhythmia after ‘testing out’ out one and a half glasses of white wine while wearing a two week, heart monitor for a new cardiologist. Of course I stopped any alcohol immediately to avoid a recurrence. However, I had more palpitations a week later. I’m still waiting for results to be processed to find out if it’s AFib or PVCs. 🙏 Now, I’m wondering if the THC triggers it as well! Until last night, I was taking Indica (two drops only as I’m very sensitive and need minimal amounts to help me sleep, but ran out of Indica. I only have Sativa left. Perplexed!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login