Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Air BNB suggestions near St. David's - going 8/1

Posted by Madeline 
Air BNB suggestions near St. David's - going 8/1
July 07, 2022 10:56PM
Hi,

Last ablation in 2019, we found a super convenient AirBNB around the block from St. David's practically. It was comfy & convenient, but it stays booked up & I am looking for another. the problem is that by the time you find out you have dates to go get procedure, it is not far enough ahead to book easily. I don't really know what areas to look in - names of neighborhoods near St. D.

Any suggestions appreciated & 2nd choice is commercial establishments.

Thanks.
Re: Air BNB suggestions near St. David's - going 8/1
July 08, 2022 08:11AM
Madeline
Hi,

Last ablation in 2019, we found a super convenient AirBNB around the block from St. David's practically. It was comfy & convenient, but it stays booked up & I am looking for another. the problem is that by the time you find out you have dates to go get procedure, it is not far enough ahead to book easily. I don't really know what areas to look in - names of neighborhoods near St. D.

Thanks.

St Davids is 919 E 32nd St, Austin, TX 78705
You can put this address in AirBnB to search. On a computer (not sure on the app) go to airbnb.com, click on the red search magnifying glass. In the "Where" field, put in St. David's address and the dates.
Sometimes the search location icon is covered up with places to stay. You can zoom in to see it or look at Google Maps of the address separately - just north of UT Austin: [www.google.com]
July 08, 2022 06:07PM
Thanks George. I have done that but I just wondered if anyone had a place to recommend as well.
July 08, 2022 07:46PM
Madeline

A piggy-back question—recommendations for hotels with a restaurant? I am looking for medium-priced hotel, reasonably close to St. David’s. Personal recommendations from patients have more weight than the ratings on websites. Thanks.
July 08, 2022 11:55PM
You can save money by staying at one of the hotels out on the outer beltway around Austin, but there will be nothing walkable from your hotel. Texas is NOT pedestrian friendly. Whatever you save on hotel bills very likely will be canceled out by Uber bills every time you want a meal or whatever.

Do NOT stay at the Days Inn just a block from St. David's. It's cheap and very convenient, but it should be cheap. It's rundown and needed refurb 10 years ago.

St. David's is on the north side of the UT campus. On the south side is downtown and the capital area. Choose any hotel there. It won't be cheap but it's safe, clean, and you'll be within easy walking distance of plenty of eateries and fun stuff to do. You can even walk across campus to St. David's, but unless you're there in the winter you'll probably want to avoid that. Austin is hot as hell (he says to the woman from the desert).

Uber/Lyft are your friends in Austin. Rental cars are outrageously expensive and hard to park. Not worth the expense and hassle.
July 09, 2022 12:45PM
I liked this hotel…

Hyatt Place
7522 north IH35

855-516-1090

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2022 12:48PM by allofus.
July 09, 2022 12:49PM
In June I stayed at the Holiday Inn MidTown, a short Uber to St David’s. I found it ok, clean and moderately priced, ask for the St David’s discount (about 80/ night). They serve Breakfast in their restaurant and dinner from the bar, no lunch. Recommend Uber vs taxi including from airport; Uber pickup at airport is at ride share.

Steve
July 11, 2022 01:36PM
Are they not allowing others to be in the hospital due to covid?
July 11, 2022 02:51PM
Re COVID restrictions. When I was there in early June there were no restrictions for families staying in the hospital.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login