Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EP Follow Ups and EGO…..yes EGO

Posted by tsco 
EP Follow Ups and EGO…..yes EGO
May 01, 2022 07:11PM
I may be over-reacting but would like your alls opinion. As Shannon knows my case was pretty nasty and after my 7th ablation I finally have some peace in my life. Quickly my history is as follows: Started tachy at age 39. Im 60 now. I live in KY and started with an EP here who was a study of Natale. I had an ablation here in KY then was sent to Natale at Cleveland Clinic. My tachy morphed into afib and through years i had several more ablations in KY with my EP. Several years ago i began issues again and my EP wanted to do another procedure. I ended up contacting Natale at St Davids and chose to go there. I did one follow up with my EP and sensed he was a bit insulted. So forward three years later to the present. I realize ill prob need additional care as i age so i contacted my EP office and was told bec of time i need a referral. I got the referral. Now im being told my EP is not taking “NEW PATIENTS “. Im not sure ive ever been so insulted myself. He knows my history and I developed what I thought was a years long trusting relationship. Im told the re-initiation is hospital policy!!!! Am i over reacting or is this a real jack butt move on both the hospital and the EP??? I told them to specifically ask him and was told he said no.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2022 07:13PM by tsco.
Re: EP Follow Ups and EGO…..yes EGO
May 01, 2022 08:13PM
Perhaps asking Natale who he would suggest in your area?? I sent a friend of a friend to Dr. N a number of years ago and Dr. N suggested a local EP for follow up, without issue.
May 01, 2022 08:55PM
I believe Natale would def suggest my EP
May 01, 2022 11:41PM
tsco
I believe Natale would def suggest my EP

Perhaps not after hearing how you were treated. I completely understand why you feel insulted and I would move on if I were you. Ask Natale and if repeats the name ask him who else and tell him why.
May 07, 2022 11:27AM
7 ablations. If there a Guiness record for this?
May 07, 2022 07:07PM
PavanPharter
7 ablations. If there a Guiness record for this?

Probably but I bet it's higher than seven. I've had six, and I think there's someone here who's had seven, so you can bet there's someone out there who's beat us both.

BTW, people who've had that many ablations usually all made the same mistake. They kept trusting the same EP (or similarly inexperienced EPs) to get it right with one more procedure. I heard the words "I'm very confident" from my first (highly qualified) EP three times, and he even gave me a 90% chance of success on ablation #3.

You know who didn't say "I'm very confident" and wouldn't give me a probability of success? The EP at Yale who did procedure #4 and told me up front that I was a complex case and he wasn't confident of success, and Natale who simply wouldn't address the question at all. He just smiled and told me not to worry. You'd have to meet him to understand how confidence inspiring that was.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login