Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ablation update !!

Posted by CaliGuy 
Ablation update !!
April 18, 2022 05:30PM
I had my ablation on Friday with Dr. Natale, and his part went amazingly well. I am in sinus rhythm now, and have been since the surgery. I arrived at the hospital in AFib, and left with a HR of 72.

Dr. Natale is an awesome doctor and a great guy. Kelly is awesome too. Both of them are great.

I had a lot of issues coming out of the anesthesia, and I won't lie--it was brutal! Didn't sleep or eat (except for a banana) for 39 hours.

But it's over now and I'm home with a new HR.

Thank you all for all your help. You really do need other people when dealing with something like this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2022 12:55PM by CaliGuy.
Re: Ablation update !!
April 18, 2022 11:29PM
CaliGuy
Thank you all for all your help. You really do need other people when dealing with something like this.

Yeah, you do, and that's why we're all here. Bummer about the anesthesia. It's odd how most people breeze through it like it's nothing while others suffer major side effects like you did. Anyway, glad it ended up a positive in the end!
April 21, 2022 08:23PM
Good luck in your recovery.

You're so correct about Dr. Natale. He visited me on 2/15 after a very long, busy day including my touch up ablation and Watchman implant and was exhausted. Nevertheless, we had a great chat and he was his usual laid back, casual and very personable doctor self.
April 24, 2022 12:23PM
Where did you have your ablation performed?

JayBros
Good luck in your recovery.

You're so correct about Dr. Natale. He visited me on 2/15 after a very long, busy day including my touch up ablation and Watchman implant and was exhausted. Nevertheless, we had a great chat and he was his usual laid back, casual and very personable doctor self.
April 24, 2022 08:39PM
St. David's Medical Center Austin.
Re: Ablation update !! 14 days after
April 28, 2022 11:09AM
I had my ablation on April 15th and I'm still in NSR.

I started walking 1 mile a day this week without any issues.

I will attempt to lift some light weights tomorrow. That will be a big test for me.

I'll keep you guys posted.
April 29, 2022 03:45AM
All great to hear CaliGuy!

Your off to a great start ... and thanks for keeping us posted!

Be well,
Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login