Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr. Nataly and insurance

Posted by californiagal 
Dr. Nataly and insurance
April 07, 2022 01:07AM
Hello,
I'm still sorting through this, so this question may be premature, but maybe you Nataly folks might have some ideas. I recently emailed my HMO cardiologist if he would consider giving me a referral to Andrea Nataly for consult and/or ablation. His replied that he doesn't know Nataly and can instead refer to Los Angeles based Cedars Sinai EPs for this treatment. I've only known this cardiologist a short time but I don't expect he will likely provide a referral. My next move is to ask my GP doc for one.
I've inquired to Kelley at Los Robles on the out of pocket fees, and haven't heard back yet, but I'd expect they'd be considerable. Maybe I need to find another 'willing' local cardiologist. Along these lines, if anyone knows an integrative cardiologist in the LA or Orange County area, I'd love to know.
A second question. My paroxymal afib isn't major and I've also been contemplating knee replacement surgery. I'm assuming the knee surgeon can handle my afib in his surgical procedure and maybe I worry too much on this score. Any comments on this would be appreciated.
Also whether I would be advised by afibbers to get the ablation before any knee surgery.
Re: Dr. Nataly and insurance
April 09, 2022 12:27PM
If you're in an HMO I think it's going to be very hard to see any doctor who's not in that HMO. Is it employer-provided insurance or a Medicare Advantage plan? If it's an Advantage plan, you can switch to traditional Medicare during open enrollment, which begins in mid-October. Your coverage would begin in January and then you could see any doctor you want.

I would recommend doing the knee surgery before the ablation. You'll be required to stop your anticoagulant for a few days for the surgery, which shouldn't be a big problem now but could be after the ablation. It would definitely be a problem for the first three months after. Ditto with anything else you need such as a colonoscopy.
April 11, 2022 03:11AM
Thanks for this reply, Carey!
April 25, 2022 02:03PM
My biggest fear, insurance not allowing me to see Natale should I ever need him again. Wifes's work insurance has been great so far but likley at something before Medicare, me and many others will end up on an ACA plan which is state based to Carey's point. 5 years successful so far, but long way away from medicare. This system sucks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login