Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Year From Hell - may be approaching the finish line!!

Posted by Poppino 
My Year From Hell - may be approaching the finish line!!
April 02, 2022 04:49PM
During the past 12 months ive had: 2 atypical flutter ablations 2 cardioversions 2 ct scans 1 echocardiogram 1 watchman procedure 2 TEEs 3 trips Charlotte to Austin and back multiple ER trips and Covid!!! 12/29 - 1/10
But……Dr Natale s 8-6-21 flutter ablation so far is durable. He put a Watchman Flex in me 2/16. My 6 weeks TEE was 3/31 here by Dr Holshouser who called me yesterday to say: the watchman is perfectly seated there is no residual flow no leaks. I do have a PV with mild stenosis but he assured me its of no consequence. I asked : how can there be a DRT after the Watchman is sealed? He said because everyone does not endothelialize the same. He told me: Tom you look rock solid. Like many here we re veterans of arrhythmia and know it may never be over? But after these 12 months i feel pretty good. Shannon told me months ago: it could take a year. He was right. Dr Natale obviously did some great work on me. After Covid i had some autonomic nervous system disruption and sought therapy which helped alot! Im still a work in progress and hoping the worst is behind me
Re: My Year From Hell - may be approaching the finish line!!
April 02, 2022 10:09PM
Tom, fingers crossed and wishing you an energetic and healthy year ahead.

So far this year I've had a return of my AF after ablation in March last year. AF is brief, 2-3 hours, but frustrating, plus two long bouts of flutter, one 9 days, the latest 6 days, both CV'd with TOE. I am trying to decide on another ablation but am dragging my feet. My EP is great, but I am not getting any younger and have long recovery times even after a CV.
Along with some other chronic conditions that have required countless visits and scans etc. I feel jaded. Most unlike me as I'm a get-up-and-go type of person.

It's a rotten condition, and just when we think we're in the clear...bam...it sneaks up on us again.
I keep wondering what I did to get it going again, did I exercise too much or not enough. Did I not get enough sleep or go to bed too late, has my diet or that very occasional drink of wine let me down? Am I too gung ho about my condition and don't pay it enough respect?

Who knows?

But all the very best for you in the future.
Re: My Year From Hell - may be approaching the finish line!!
April 03, 2022 02:44AM
Poppino
still a work in progress and hoping the worst is behind me

We're quite numerous here hoping so ! I'm wishing you the best.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login