Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not Quite Perfect TEE

Posted by JayBros 
Not Quite Perfect TEE
March 31, 2022 10:13PM
I received the readout on my 3/29 TEE today from Shannon, Dr. N's nurse practitioner. The results were good, with a little leak around the Watchman but the endothelial tissue is growing around the device. Am I concerned, not really. Why? When Dr. N first took on my LAA in 2016 it was an absolute mess, scarred, fibrous, gnarly, maybe something that would have been a better candidate for removal had it not required some kind of surgery with longer recovery time. Also revealed slightly increased flow pressure through the tricuspid valve, a regurgitation problem known about for several years. I'm being put on a low dose diuretic and potassium in the hope it will bring the pressure down. Told Poppino I might have to rig up a pee tube on my motorcycle like old fighter pilots had in their planes. The only downside is I have to go back to TX for the six month TEE, a simple two day trip. The long term plan? Keep the pedal to the metal -- get out of the way, folks. I'm not on fire and not getting shot at, so it's a damned good day!
Re: Not Quite Perfect TEE
April 01, 2022 01:00AM
Great news and great attitude!
April 01, 2022 08:07AM
Thanks, Carey. There is no other option. I'm sure as hell not going to curl up and wait for the Grim Reaper.
April 01, 2022 11:26AM
Great to hear your update JayBros!

And looks like you have this gig down pat these days, of rolling with both the punches and the blessings! cool smiley

Be well,
Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login