Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Had My 6 week Watchman TEE today

Posted by Poppino 
Had My 6 week Watchman TEE today
March 31, 2022 08:28PM
Im home from my TEE 6 week post Natale watchman placement. Well the cardiologist was gone when i woke up. No results. Now im told theyll be sent to Dr Holshouser then Dr Natale. Ive already sent a portal request to Dr Holshouser. I woulda liked at least an initial interpretation
I hate waiting. Watchman Flex has on average a 10% leak risk. Maybe Dr Natale is a little lower? No leaks on day of placement 2/16/22
Tom
Re: Had My 6 week Watchman TEE today
March 31, 2022 08:37PM
Natale doesn't have anywhere near a 10% leak risk. That figure comes from all the EPs doing Watchmans, a good percentage of whom are brand new at it or have done just a handful. I'd be surprised if he has a 1% incidence.

And you're not going to get that TEE report until the doc interpreting it writes the report. It'll probably be a day or three.
March 31, 2022 08:41PM
How long does a TEE take? Tom’s took 20 minutes including tubing and mine was a race horse bolting out of the gates at 5-7 minutes completed. The EP was still in the room when I came to so I was fortunate to get a summary verbal report on the spot of no leaking.

Congratulations Tom!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2022 08:47PM by susan.d.
March 31, 2022 08:44PM
Thanks Carey! I feel better
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login