Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help

Posted by Juggsy75 
Help
March 22, 2022 04:22PM
So I’m currently full up with a seasonal cold, getting by with paracetamol but the wife has bought some day/night capsules, but I’m concerned there’s caffeine and phenylepherine, which I believe is a derivative of ephedrine, is this something I should be avoiding with afib?
Re: Help
March 22, 2022 04:46PM
Were it me without a doubt!!! No way id use
March 22, 2022 07:31PM
Have you read the label to find out what's in it? I'd be very surprised to find caffeine in a day/night tablet, but I wouldn't be surprised to find it contains phenylephrine, and that's a definite no with afib.
March 23, 2022 05:10PM
since we are on the topic, what do you do when your sinus's are clogged? just suffer? i went through an episode where i couldn't breath through my nose for a few days. it was incredibly miserable.
March 23, 2022 05:47PM
adamh
since we are on the topic, what do you do when your sinuses are clogged? just suffer? i went through an episode where i couldn't breathe through my nose for a few days. it was incredibly miserable.

Here is an unblocking the nose exercise by breathing instructor, Patrick McKeown: [www.youtube.com]

Here is a post I just wrote on breathing in another group:

Something to explore is breathing training [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
I've been taping my mouth shut at night for years. Wearing a beat to beat heart rate monitor, I can see apnea patterns in the heart rate without it and no apnea with it. I use this tape on the left (200 strips for $13 delivered): [correctbreathing.com]

I recommend all of the following resources highly!

James Nestor's book, "Breath" is excellent. It is more about what can be done, not so much how to. [www.mrjamesnestor.com] It is fascinating. He describes a study with & without nasal breathing. Also mouth taping

Patrick McKeown's book, "The Breathing Cure" is amazing and is very much a how to book. [www.amazon.com]
I have huge respect for Patrick! His website: [oxygenadvantage.com]

A 34 year-old T1D I connected with and have corresponded with, NIck Heath, PhD (Atmospheric Sciences) found that cadence breathing lowered his blood sugars and insulin requirements. He puts out an excellent weekly newsletter. Old ones are in the blog section on his website: [www.thebreathingdiabetic.com] Nick trained under Patrick McKeown as a breathing instructor also. I'm a fan! His landing page: [www.thebreathingdiabetic.com]
April 20, 2022 03:17PM
Juggsy75
So I’m currently full up with a seasonal cold, getting by with paracetamol but the wife has bought some day/night capsules, but I’m concerned there’s caffeine and phenylepherine, which I believe is a derivative of ephedrine, is this something I should be avoiding with afib?
Check with your pharmacist.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login