Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ACC Issues Playbook for Long COVID With Cardiac Involvement

Posted by susan.d 
ACC Issues Playbook for Long COVID With Cardiac Involvement
March 18, 2022 06:16PM
Re: ACC Issues Playbook for Long COVID With Cardiac Involvement
March 24, 2022 09:45PM
I'm the supposed one in a million COVID over-30 males that got a vaccine shot (3rd) that has cMRI confirmed myocarditis after receiving COVID vaccine and going to emergency room three days later.

I had 8000-16000 PACs a day for three months until I started a diabetic diet, exercised more and got my fasting glucose consistently under 100.
(I deduced glucose correlation due to PACs occurring after meals and over night but much less after fasting a bit.)
Went 3 weeks with under 500 PACs a day, most days under 100 PACs. I started eating sugar and grains again and occasional alcohol and kept PACs under 500 a day for another 3 weeks. Had fasting glucose of 107 to 123.
Then I caught a cold (negative COVID test) and within 2 days I was back to 7000 PACs a day.
Switched back to diabetic diet and got fasting glucose back to 82 in two days and had less than 500 PACs.

I wear a Wellue ECG monitor almost continuously. Best $255 investment I've made. Also got glucose meter. Importantly, I got an exercise bike for my standing desk and can log 8000-12000 steps/pedals per day while working.

My conjecture is if I keep PACs low, my heart is not deteriorating as fast.
March 25, 2022 09:51AM
AsympPACs
My conjecture is if I keep PACs low, my heart is not deteriorating as fast.
My conjecture is if you keep glucose low (and thereby avoiding the formation of Advanced Glycation End products {AGEs}), you body overall is not deteriorating as quickly. [www.spandidos-publications.com]

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2022 11:19PM by GeorgeN.
March 25, 2022 08:43PM
AsymPACs, does the Wellue ECG software automatically calculate averages and graph PACs and PVCs? That would be handy to follow trends and to identify what helps and hurts PAC rates.
March 31, 2022 05:10PM
Hi DaveR,

The details of the Wellue ECG are here: [getwellue.com]

I am able to use the hour by hour table to quickly scan for good hours and bad hours for both PACs and PVCs just by looking at the number of digits in the columns. (See page 3 of the ECG report).
[That is how I figured my PACs were glucose related as they would subside before meals]

The table is not as nice as the typical 1-week holter monitor graphs that are normally provided but the Wellue is infinitely less costly. AND you get to see the day every day or multiple times a day if you desire- However often you want to take it off and upload the data.
The other great feature is the app on the smartphone can show you your current ECG (about 4 seconds delayed) so if you don't want to wait for 24 hours you can see things right away and still use the 24 hour report on the PC for counting everything. You can even record 30 minutes of data on the phone and scroll back through to manually see if you had events in that past 1/2 hour.

I paid $255 for mine and have had about 100 daily reports so far and have not paid a dime for any of the reports.
I found some smaller and less costly ecg electrodes (EverOne Multi-Purpose ECG Monitoring Electrodes) that last 1 to three days and are easy to remove and almost waterproof. (I sometimes shower with the electrodes on (BUT WITH MONITOR REMOVED))
I find they work better with Spectra 360 Electrode Gel instead of the supplied gel pad.
So for less than 280 dollars I've had almost full time heart analysis for over three months.
Monitoring is interrupted for a couple hours every couple days to charge.

Their authentication has failed a few times in those 100 days but I have found they always correct issues reported by email within 24 hours or less.

I wish the PDF report would leave the data in the tables in character-by-character instead of a pixel image view so I could export it into a spreadsheet, but I cannot complain for the value.

I don't work for Wellue but I really don't see anything close for anyone trying to monitor the heart in a relatively continuous, comfortable and inexpensive manner.
March 31, 2022 05:46PM
Hi GeorgeN,
Thanks for the reference to AGEs- quite interesting but currently hard to measure.

I think the psychological problem with glucose is - it damages some people more than others and people want to eat sweet and assume that their body is one that is getting less glucose damage than others or that they have time to reverse things.

I convinced myself that my PACs are a real-time indicator of damage occurring to my heart. It is hard to ignore a real-time indicator of damage to a critical organ.

My goal is to balance my glucose level with enjoyment of food and life.
I'd love to be able to afford continuous glucose monitoring and correlate to my continuous heart monitoring but I don't want to spend $2000/per year. So I spot check by glucose at least a few times a week with blood drop strip meter.

I don't mind the extra exercise I'm doing to burn food I am consuming and I'm taking your advice (and the experts advice) on staying in HR2 or below for almost all of it.
March 31, 2022 08:21PM
AsympPACs
I wish the PDF report would leave the data in the tables in character-by-character instead of a pixel image view so I could export it into a spreadsheet, but I cannot complain for the value.

Have you tried any of the online or other software that converts PDF image to text?
April 01, 2022 12:10PM
I have not tried any OCR software recently. But I am trying to minimize how many minutes a day I have to dedicate to tracking my heart. (It's now typically less than 5 minutes).

My basic metric is hours with less than 75 PACs or PVCs- Typically I hit 23 or 24 hours and don't worry about it.
If I get less than 20 hours with less than 75 PACs or PVCs, I then try to remember diet or activity correlated to the "bad" hours".

I thought about writing up a lifetime report and handing it over to my cardiologist but if the PACs and PVCs don't come back in greater numbers I likely won't put in the extra effort.

Summarizing all the daily reports would likely take tens of hours of effort and I would also feel compelled to correlate it with my incomplete diet logs and glucose meaurements and exercise logs and sleep logs.

Other than me- I'm not sure the audience.
April 02, 2022 12:50AM
Modern OCR software wouldn't have any trouble whatsoever converting that image to text, but as you said in your last sentence, I think the only audience is going to be you. Your cardiologist isn't likely to be interested in the level of detail you're thinking of providing. They will most likely only care about a single number -- the burden of PACs and PVCs. How many per day do you experience? That's the number that will matter.
April 12, 2022 11:32PM
Thanks for the info, AsympPACs. I just got my Wellue unit tonight, and am going to give it a try.
May 05, 2022 07:54AM
I'm still using my Wellue but not every day anymore.

My PACs seem to be best controlled by getting at least 2-4 hours of Heart zone rate 2 (about 100bpm for me) per week.

Good diet but a week of low exercise levels/laying around seem to bring the PACs back.

Good exercise levels and moderately good diet: can include 5-7 alcoholic drinks per week, occasional chocalate and caffienated coffee; smoked meat feasts on Sundays, fasting glucose 85-115 and not getting PACs anymore.

My conjecture is the exercise is retraining and strengthing the atria and also burning out the extra glucose and other bad agents out the blood in the large muscle groups.

I've been staying away from higher heart rate zones for any more than a few minutes at a time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login