Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heart rate after ablation

Posted by Afibber20 
Heart rate after ablation
March 10, 2022 08:25PM
Is it normal that the heart rate will go up after the ablation? Is it a good idea to do exercise during this period of elevated heart rate? How long will it take for the heart rate to come back down to normal? Thank you!
Re: Heart rate after ablation
March 10, 2022 08:42PM
Yes, it's extremely common and should be expected. It's perfectly normal, and completely harmless, but it can last a surprisingly long time, sometimes upwards of a year. So don't be alarmed if your HR is still elevated months from now.

After the week of lifting restrictions, you can resume all your normal exercise activities unless you have something else going on that limits you. The ablation and the elevated heart rate are no reason for you to limit your activities in any way. I once did a 50-mile bike ride in hilly terrain 3 days after an ablation and did so with the blessings of my EP.
March 10, 2022 08:47PM
There are some data that associate a successful ablation with an initial higher heart rate after the procedure.
March 10, 2022 08:52PM
Very much appreciate your kind reply. Your words are like magnesium supplement to my arrhythmic heart, much needed and very helpful.

Carey
Yes, it's extremely common and should be expected. It's perfectly normal, and completely harmless, but it can last a surprisingly long time, sometimes upwards of a year. So don't be alarmed if your HR is still elevated months from now.

After the week of lifting restrictions, you can resume all your normal exercise activities unless you have something else going on that limits you. The ablation and the elevated heart rate are no reason for you to limit your activities in any way. I once did a 50-mile bike ride in hilly terrain 3 days after an ablation and did so with the blessings of my EP.
March 10, 2022 09:00PM
Right. I do see some research articles reporting increased heart rate post-ablation associated with less recurrence. Thank you very much.

GeorgeN
There are some data that associate a successful ablation with an initial higher heart rate after the procedure.
March 10, 2022 09:45PM
I had a touch up ablation 2/15, took a week off and resumed my exercise routine. I wear a Polar heart rate transmitter to ensure I'm working at least 75 - 85% of my THR. Today my avg rate was 81% and my max rate was 91% with plenty of room to spare as I was nowhere near anaerobic. I push myself because I enjoy doing it. To each his own.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login