Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sotalol and Austin

Posted by Pixie 
Sotalol and Austin
February 26, 2022 04:38PM
I am in Austin after having an LAA and coronary sinus ablation on Wednesday. I feel I was in the best place, having one of THE top doctors performing my procedures. I just want to focus on healing and and not adding stressors during this time. Although Dr. Natale told my husband while I was in recovery that things went well, I did not have long to speak with him because of his schedule, but I spent time with his team.. In the past I was given a load of tykosin in the hospital and failed that because of QT prolongation. I wonder if tikosyn and Sotalol are in the same family. I am supposed to start sotalol 3/4 and have an EKG 3/7. That makes me nervous. I really am very leary of taking this medication. I already sent an email to the RN’s who are working with me, but I am wondering what folks in this forum feel about this.

I just want peace of mind and not have to think of bad scenarios that may occur.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2022 08:52AM by Pixie.
Re: Sotalol and Austin
February 27, 2022 12:32AM
Tikosyn and sotalol are in the same class of antiarrhythmics, and both can cause QT prolongation, but that's less likely to happen with sotalol. Since you were told about the QT rather casually, I don't think it's a big issue and I wouldn't worry about it. Notice that they ordered an ECG a few days later. I'm sure that's to check to make sure it's not an issue. This isn't some hugely dangerous thing you need to be worried about. I guarantee that Natale is well aware of the risks in your specific case.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login