Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Withings Scanwatch

Posted by alfrae13 
Withings Scanwatch
February 25, 2022 05:10PM
Does anybody have and use a Withings Scanwatch as it pertains to afib. Would you recommend getting one considering the price How does it help you and how is their customer support
Re: Withings Scanwatch
February 25, 2022 08:28PM
Thanks for posting this. This is the first I've heard of it (or the company), and I must say it's also the first smart watch I've seen I would actually wear. It looks like a nice watch, not a little computer strapped to your wrist. And it got FDA approval last year on ECG and SpO2 recordings, which is a big plus.
February 25, 2022 08:39PM
"Note: ECG requires a free in-app activation process and is not intended for use by people under 22 years old. Prescription Use Only."

Per Que's Apple Watch 7 question [www.afibbers.org] it looks like the ECG requires two hands and is not continuous, but a 30 second reading you ask for. Not sure how frequently the SpO2 and heart rate are stored. I have a ring that stores these every 4 seconds and a member here recently messaged me that he has a device made by the same company that has a wrist and ring form factor that stores them every 2 seconds. Not so much SpO2, but in the afib world, I like to have beat to beat data.

FWIW, I've had a Withings scale for a few years. It is a bioimpedance scale (% body fat & etc.) and also measures heart rate and pulse wave velocity. Other than the weight, I take all the data as "ish." The other day I got out of the shower and it said my heart rate was 45. Well I'd just got done shoveling snow wearing only shorts at < 10 deg F & I'd done a workout prior. So I manually took my pulse and it was 75. I have no way to check pulse wave velocity. I've seen my body fat % change from 16 to 14 % over a few hours. I'd guess my body fat is likely around 15%.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2022 08:47PM by GeorgeN.
February 25, 2022 09:00PM
GeorgeN
"Prescription Use Only."

I didn't notice that in my quick reading but I'm curious how they would enforce it.

Oh, and I've owned a couple of bioimpedance body fat % gizmos and I think they're pretty much random number generators. I don't think their data even qualifies as "ish."
March 04, 2022 08:54PM
I'm just picturing my pal George out shoveling mounds of snow at <10 degrees in his short shorts :-)))!
Shannon
October 06, 2022 04:30PM
I too am trying to find a good smart watch for afib. I like the Withings, but according to the website, the afib notification feature isn't available in the US.

I've got a query into the company. If I find out anything different than the above, I'll post it here.

In the meantime, does anyone know of a smart watch for the US market that will monitor for afib and notify you when it sees it? The other key feature I'm looking for is HRV-SDNN ... very important in afib according to this excellent book.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login