Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pulmonary pressure

Posted by Robbiecriss 
Pulmonary pressure
February 04, 2022 06:40AM
Hopefully this is not out of the scope of this forum but after a recent echo my cardio said all was fine but with the online portals now they post all test results and one can read them just enough to get scared to death especially when you don’t really know what you are looking at. So my cardio found an asd while doing my ablation and said it was exacerbating my afib but since all other metrics were in the normal range there was no need for an invasive fix. He said the determinant would be the pulmonary blood pressure. Well, on this report it said my pressure was between 30-40 which from everything I have read is considered high but according to him apparently not that high.
My question is if others have had issues with pulmonary blood pressure from an asd that exacerbates their afib and what you did about it.
Lastly, is there an online site that helps someone decipher simply the detailed results from echos and EKG’s?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Re: Pulmonary pressure
February 04, 2022 06:10PM
This might help

What is considered severe pulmonary hypertension?
A value greater than or equal to 35 mm Hg is considered PAH and classified as follows:

mild PAH (35–50 mm Hg),
moderate PAH (50–70 mm Hg),
and severe pulmonary hypertension (> 70 mm Hg) [15].9 May 2016

or the complete article

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login