Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Have a Date in Austin for Watchman

Posted by Poppino 
Have a Date in Austin for Watchman
December 31, 2021 05:05PM
Yesterday Dr Natale s scheduler sent me the dates for my upcoming TEE and Watchman Device. Feb 16 and 17. So its a TEE one day then Watchman the next providing i guess?? The TEE shows no clots. My LAA was isolated Aug 6. Since ive had no arrhythmias and remain on eliquis and propananol 20/20 ea day. Hopefully Omicron is past its peak by then. Ill wear a spacesuit if i have to. In the notes also is “touchup”. Ill assume if its necessary? Anyway im looking foward to progressing to a possible end game. I will be asking if i can have the 45 day TEE with my EP in Charlotte. Ive alerted Dr Holshouser and hes ready to do it. Ill see what Dr N says
Re: Have a Date in Austin for Watchman
December 31, 2021 05:58PM
Poppino
I will be asking if i can have the 45 day TEE with my EP in Charlotte.

Huh? 45 days was in mid-September, almost 3 months ago. The TEE they're doing in February is your 6-month TEE to verify there are no clots present and size your LAA.
December 31, 2021 06:19PM
I know. I mean the post Watchman TEE to ck for seal. Leaks etc. isnt that 45 days post watchman??
December 31, 2021 08:20PM
Oh, okay, I misunderstood and got your procedure dates mixed up. You don't even have the Watchman yet.

Yes, 45 days after your Watchman they want a TEE to confirm placement and absence of leaks. I doubt Austin will object to you doing that TEE with your local EP if he has experience evaluating Watchman implants.

The TEE it's rather critical that you fly to Austin for is the one in February. That's the TEE that will determine if you even need a Watchman, and since they're doing it at the same time as the Watchman procedure, it's also to size the device.

But hey, if you're lucky, they'll find you've got excellent flow velocity in and out of your LAA, your E/A ratio meets requirements, and there is no "smoke" seen in the atrium. If that's the case, they'll send you home without a Watchman and without a prescription for Eliquis. You'll be good to go. You have about a 40% chance (probably less) of that happening.
December 31, 2021 09:04PM
Lol im not counting on that but maybe who knows. Yes Holshouser is watchman experienced
January 01, 2022 10:37PM
It's great to know you have a date. Maybe I'll hear soon. Dr. N said he hoped to get me scheduled before the end of '21 but with the mess COVID has made of the air transportation system later will hopefully be better.
January 02, 2022 12:15AM
Carey
Oh, okay, I misunderstood and got your procedure dates mixed up. You don't even have the Watchman yet.

Yes, 45 days after your Watchman they want a TEE to confirm placement and absence of leaks. I doubt Austin will object to you doing that TEE with your local EP if he has experience evaluating Watchman implants.

The TEE it's rather critical that you fly to Austin for is the one in February. That's the TEE that will determine if you even need a Watchman, and since they're doing it at the same time as the Watchman procedure, it's also to size the device.

But hey, if you're lucky, they'll find you've got excellent flow velocity in and out of your LAA, your E/A ratio meets requirements, and there is no "smoke" seen in the atrium. If that's the case, they'll send you home without a Watchman and without a prescription for Eliquis. You'll be good to go. You have about a 40% chance (probably less) of that happening.

Both Tom and I are getting the watchman with Dr Natale. The difference is his will be in Austin and he will get the TEE the day before while mine will be in CA and the TEE will be done during/just before the watchman implant. I can’t speculate why the TEE schedule of the day before vs during the procedure differs…
January 02, 2022 01:15AM
susan.d
Both Tom and I are getting the watchman with Dr Natale. The difference is his will be in Austin and he will get the TEE the day before while mine will be in CA and the TEE will be done during/just before the watchman implant. I can’t speculate why the TEE schedule of the day before vs during the procedure differs…

There's no medical reason. That's just a scheduling thing.
January 08, 2022 01:40AM
Good luck Tom. Glad to see your able to get the device.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login