Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1 year post ablation A-fib free.

Posted by frankangelo 
1 year post ablation A-fib free.
December 20, 2021 02:35PM
I had my annual post-ablation follow up with Dr Natale on December 13th. I am afib free for one year now. This was my only ablation for my paroxysmal A-fib of at least 6 years duration. I am very grateful for how helpful this forum has been to me. I have learned so much from all of your helpful posts. Most importantly, how to pick the right EP for your procedure although nothing is ever guaranteed.
I wish you all a happy holidays and the best of health.
Re: 1 year post ablation A-fib free.
December 21, 2021 04:17PM
Awesome news as you did what many of us here wish we had done: gone to a Superstar for ablation no 1
So have you avoided triggers? Maintain a strict diet ? Supplements? Alcohol? Meds?
T
December 23, 2021 02:49AM
Poppino,
I never identified any triggers. My afib burden had gone up to about 50%. My week would be split between a run of two or three days of afib and then two or three days of nsr. There did not seem to be any Rhyme or Reason 4 when I would switch. When in afib my heart rate would be in the 90s mostly. I did not always know when I was in afib unless I took my pulse. I was minimally symptomatic. I have always been Physically active and I hiked daily. A-fib was starting to interfere with this as I became short of breath when attempting The Climb Hills.
I try to keep a good diet which is mostly a plant-based Whole Foods diet. I do eat salmon once or twice a week. In the past I was a moderate drinker but now I may have one or two glasses of wine a week at the most. I take magnesium glycinate supplement 1000 mg a day. I drink at least 64 oz of water a day. I walk about two and a half miles a day and work out on a rowing machine for 20 minutes a day. My only medication is apixaban half dose twice a day. Although Dr Natale told me I did not have to take an anticoagulant as long as I monitored my heart rate on a daily basis as well as using my kardia mobile.
December 23, 2021 12:32PM
Great news. You must feel great about it.
December 23, 2021 02:40PM
Hey Brian, yes I am very pleased to have had a successful ablation. I know you must feel that way as well with the success of your ablation. I'm curious were you prescribed any antiarrhythmics for the blanking period? And also were you taken off of anticoagulants?
It's good that you had your ablation before your afib burden increased and involved other areas of the heart like mine did. Best of luck to you for many many years of NSR.
December 23, 2021 10:36PM
No..no anti antiarrhythmics for me probably because I had little burden before and so far I haven’t experienced any afib since the ablation, just some minor PVCs. But that’s just my assumption frankly. I really don’t know in what situations they prescribe those after ablations.

With regard to taking me off anticoagulant, they don’t make that decision until after 6 months. I’m hoping that it happens and the EP said that there’s a good chance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login