Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Chlorella / XeraltoI

Posted by bettylou4488 
Chlorella / XeraltoI
August 31, 2021 05:52PM
I did ask one of my cardiologists and they said it was Ok but I wondered if anyone else knew if chlorella could be taken when on Xarelto. I think it is bad if on warfarin.. anyone have any thoughts? (It is a toxin binder / algae / food.. so I am thinking it would be fine since.. it's food???)
Joe
Re: Chlorella / XeraltoI
September 02, 2021 02:19AM
Don't know but I've been taking chlorella when i was on Eliquis.
September 02, 2021 11:27AM
Chlorella is high in vitamin K, so it can be problematic with warfarin. That's not to say you can't take it with warfarin. You can, but it's like eating spinach salads. You just have to be consistent about it.

But it's no problem at all with the Xarelto and the other NOACs.
September 02, 2021 06:39PM
Carey- Is it safe to eat 1/2 cups of steamed spinach 2/week while on Eliquis? I space it 4 hours before-after a Eliquis dose.
September 02, 2021 10:23PM
susan.d
Carey- Is it safe to eat 1/2 cups of steamed spinach 2/week while on Eliquis? I space it 4 hours before-after a Eliquis dose.

Eliquis works on a completely different pathway than Vitamin K (which impacts warfarin). So spinach or other Vitamin K rich green leafys should not be an issue with Eliquis (or other NOACs). This is the same answer as Carey gave on chlorella.
September 02, 2021 11:03PM
What George said. You can eat 25 cups of spinach per week if you want while on Eliquis, and there's no reason to space anything out. Vitamin K just doesn't matter with Eliquis and the other NOACs. Spinach up!
September 03, 2021 07:24AM
thanks all for your responses smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login