Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natale s Office Teleconferenced Today

Posted by Poppino 
Natale s Office Teleconferenced Today
August 03, 2021 04:20PM
So nurse Shannon called today and gave me all the details i need for Friday. Says i wont be 5 am because i get covid tested. IV. EKG then a CT Scan. She said to test for PV Stenosis from previous 3/29 ablation. I know nothing about that?? Only outa towners are staying the night due to covid
The past 4 days ive had short episodes of 132 124 117 etc but all terminated. Theyve weaned me off everything cept eliquis and colchicine for pericarditis
Im hoping they have a candy dish filled with Valium lol
Tom
Re: Natale s Office Teleconferenced Today
August 03, 2021 05:21PM
The chest CT is pretty standard if you've had a previous ablation.
August 03, 2021 05:37PM
Ok thanks Carey. I had a ct before 3/29 and an echo last Dec. no stenosis but both prior to 3/29. He redid my pvi too
I had a TEE 7/16 but that doesnt show PV i guess just clot
August 03, 2021 05:48PM
Yeah, they would need a CT after the last ablation, so previous CTs and the TEE don't suffice.

Hey, it's a few boring minutes sliding in and out of the machine. They did one on me too and it took maybe all of 30 minutes including waiting time. No big deal with no risk.
August 03, 2021 06:25PM
đź‘Ť. Oh and something interesting that Shannon told me. Nurse Shannon. That theyve had some patients have arrhythmia issues for 4-5 months post covid vax
More good news lol
August 03, 2021 06:34PM
I should have said for 4-5 months
August 03, 2021 10:10PM
Carey
The chest CT is pretty standard if you've had a previous ablation.
Carey- is it because Natale never worked on his heart before? I wasn’t required for any of my three ablations. Just curious.
August 04, 2021 12:13AM
Susan, I don't know what their protocol is exactly, only that requiring one from people who've had prior ablations is common. Nothing he does or doesn't do is random.
August 04, 2021 08:47AM
Shannon told me many weeks ago that Natale would most likely do a CT since my 3/29 ablation was done at another center and were there to be any negative issues he can show: this is what i started with. He called the ablation extensive so I understand besides Nurse Shannon said yesterday that there could be ateas they want to stay away from ie PV Stenosis. I have 5 PV not the more common 4. After blood panel , ekg, CT and ablation ill know alot more about my health this weekend. Yes its a little nerve rattling
T
August 08, 2021 02:42AM
That's right Tom,

The reason some folks who have had an initial prior ablation with another EP, and are now getting a follow-up Natale ablation and are thus required to also get a CT scan prior to their Natale ablation, is solely to rule out any possible pulmonary-vein stenosis from the prior ablation, before Natale has started any work on a given new patient.

Cheers!
Shannon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login