Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Introduction from the midnight lamp

Posted by Thelonious71 
Introduction from the midnight lamp
July 05, 2021 10:14PM
Hi folks, I have been browsing here for the last week and find it quite engaging.
I have some questions and would be grateful for any thoughts.

I walked into my new primary care about 2 months ago for a physical and to bring up some heart palpitations I was having after eating and when I laid down for bed, strong on my left side.

She got me a houlter monitor the next week, the week after that I got my Covid vaccine in the afternoon and at 3am that night I had my first episode. It didn't last but an hour or so but I was exhibiting tachy and bradycardia was sure I was going to pass out.
I had another a week later always cominng at night out of a dead sleep.

After the weekend the monitor faxed my doctor that I had a 3.2 second pause. She did an ekg and immediately said I was afib.
2 weeks later I got an echo which came out healthy. And they scheduled a sleep and EP consultation a month -2 months ahead.
Since the beginning I had changed a bit to an even more healthy diet though not yet focusing on a specific vitamins.

2 weeks later I went back to the hospital after a sleepless night and stayed all day and night without sleep.
I woke up the first time after just 30 minutes and my heart rate went up to 170 a but later as they decided what to give me to lower my heart rate without the blood pressure, they gave me metaprolol. Which within 30 minutes converted me to NSR, but not before my heart rate jumped to 207.
I spent that night and next day in NSR, my PC discussed with the EP what to do and they decided on either Multaq or Amio.
With an ablation in the near future. Multaq is way above my pay grade.

So here I am 3 days into Amio, average 2 hours sleep a night, minor palpatations, whether PVC, PAC, or flutter I can't identify.
I have focused on diet and supplementation after reading and reading.

The night I came home from hospital exhausted I woke up in a panic 6 times in 2 hours. Seems to be my MO, something is happening while I sleep, stress is a hell of a drug. I am 49 and other than a slightly high cholesterol I am pretty healthy.

I am ok with Amio because my anxiety will make my afib symptoms unstoppable and whatever can stop them at night, I am obliged.
It's all gone pretty fast which of course I could be grateful for.

Well I've taken up enough of your time, any elucidations would be welcome.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login