Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breathless and Dizzy after ablation

Posted by Fidrych 
Breathless and Dizzy after ablation
July 02, 2021 09:28PM
Hello, 4 weeks since my ablation. All is good except I am breathless and dizzy upon minimal exertion. Ex: one flight of stairs. Thought it was Rythmol but went off Rythmol 3.5 days ago and still dizzy and breathless at the top of the stairs. Dizzy other times too. Seated biking good... until I get off and stand. Hiking up hills makes me dizzy. Anyone else have this happen to them after PV ablation? Thank you.
Re: Breathless and Dizzy after ablation
July 02, 2021 10:13PM
Yes, me, but I am sensitive in general.
July 02, 2021 10:36PM
Hi Susan, I’m sensitive too. A cup of coffee and I can’t sit still. Do you think the Rythmol is still affecting me almost 4 days later? I can’t think of why I am so off kilter. I’m used to a bit of light headed ness, but this is too much.
July 03, 2021 12:20AM
Are you taking anything else?
July 03, 2021 11:54AM
After my 3/29 ablation i was asked to use Carafate. For esophagus. Horrbile. Was dizzy wobbly weak
I begged to go off. They said use 1/2. So after 2-3 weeks i quit it
The obvious are: whats your BP running? Whats your RHR running?
And like Carey asked: what else are you using?
T
July 03, 2021 04:37PM
Hi Carey and Poppino, My BP has been sitting down anywhere from 90/60 to 130/85. My standing is usually 85/55 to 105/70. Was at lowest after fairly good bike ride when it read 76/56. Of course when I went to the doctor my sitting was 120/80 and so was my standing🥴He said my cuff wasn’t junk, blood pressures change a lot. Still lost all credibility!! That’s all well and good but I’m dizzy 100 times a day. Every time I go up the stairs, stand up, and sometimes just get a dizzy spell. Short lived but just makes my mind go. I am on 10 mg of Paxil for a long time. Also on Edoxaban 60mg / 1 day and until yesterday evening was taking esophagus medicine...proton pump inhibitor Pantoprazole 40mg / twice a day....hmmmm. Starting to think part of it is migraine. I have quite a few auras without headache and I’ve been having on and off headaches, visual disturbances...bright lights, computer screen and ringing ears, so maybe that is contributing. My heart rate resting is 75. Was 80 first week after ablation. Was 60 before ablation.
July 03, 2021 05:35PM
The ppi is linked to headaches and dizziness. Look it up. I use drug forums to see what other people report
Google the drug name and the word forum. One or more will pop up. Like i said carafate my ppi about destroyed me
Once i stopped it the dizziness ended. I had trouble walking a straight line
After a number of weeks if your esophagus was injured youd know it i think. In 2012 my EP said 5-7 days of ppi. Now its 2-4 weeks. I guess fistulas can form much later
But rare. When youre done be interesting to see how you do
T
July 03, 2021 06:48PM
Thanks. I’ll look that up. Yes my ppi was to be 5 weeks but I guess I’ve stopped at 4. I hope that ends up being it. I kind of just didn’t consider those sides because the Rythmol had do many and that’s what I have blamed everything on. I will let you know snd how my echo snd stress go on Wednesday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login