Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

QT Interval 518

Posted by cile 
QT Interval 518
June 14, 2021 07:33PM
I’ve been struggling for years with afib, atrial flutter and tachycardia. For a long time I was ok on metoprolol and verapamil. I have had two ablations. The first lasted a couple of years and the second, in 2019 failed. Im 66 and have a pacemaker. On May 29 I began severe flutter and was cardioverted June 1. Normal sinus rhythm lasted a week. Flutter began again mixed with tachycardia. First my metoprolol was doubled and that seemed to help but then they added flecainide which has made me sick and now have a QT Interval of 518. Of course they stopped the flecainide. Next they want to talk about solatol. Your ideas?
Re: QT Interval 518
June 14, 2021 07:57PM
Is it still 518? Sotalol shouldn't be started with a QT higher than 450.
June 14, 2021 08:41PM
a friend takes sotalol pill in pocket. She is in and out .. never had ablation. I take dofetilide (start in hospital).. so that is another option. (my QT was high on 500mcg and 250 so I just take 125)
June 18, 2021 01:39AM
bettylou4488
a friend takes sotalol pill in pocket. She is in and out .. never had ablation. I take dofetilide (start in hospital).. so that is another option. (my QT was high on 500mcg and 250 so I just take 125)

Usually the starting dose of sotalol is monitored at the hospital for QT. IMHO flecainide and sotolol and other black label drugs should not be experimenting without an EP approved due to risks. It’s a black label for a reason. Plus weight is a factor in dosage limits before someone suggests a PIP approach.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2021 01:52AM by susan.d.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login