Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is this a sign meds are starting not to work?

Posted by kathygetz 
Is this a sign meds are starting not to work?
June 13, 2021 07:56PM
I had ablation July 2020, after 90 days of trying different meds and nothing hold me in nsr for more than 10 days. In Sept 2020 tried coming off meds and went into a-fib within a week. Went back on Sotalol 160mg Twice daily, except for 2-5 minute episodes have been good since September. This morning woke up in a-fib and lasted 9hrs, I have always self converted. I was really hoping between ablation and meds I would hold for a bit. It did seem milder than previous episodes - HR didn’t seem to go over 135, previously was 180-200. I have discussed 2nd ablation with EP along with LAA, as I’m only 49 and would really like to be med free. Just wondering if this is some kind of sign that meds aren’t going to hold anymore and to expect more episodes. I know I’m probably overreacting as it’s just one, but I’d finally gotten to the point I wasn’t feeling every heartbeat and checking my pulse multiple times throughout the day. The only thing that changed recently is I have started to workout as I do need to lose some weight, I didn’t work out yesterday only mowed the lawn, which I do every weekend.
Re: Is this a sign meds are starting not to work?
June 13, 2021 09:08PM
Kathy do what many here did or finally did like im going to. . Go to Austin. Go to No 1
I love my EP here in Charlotte but ive thrown in the towel. Just my opinion after 16 yrs 2 ablations 10 cardioversions
Pills and supplements. Sleepless nights. Ruined trips. Etc etc
Re: Is this a sign meds are starting not to work?
June 21, 2021 04:19PM
Working out, for me, can cause an episode. Important to work out at a medium rate, do not overdue it. Hydration and electrolytes are crucial if you are working out and have afib.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login