Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reminder: Summer, Lyme Disease & Arrhythmia

Posted by Jackie 
Reminder: Summer, Lyme Disease & Arrhythmia
June 13, 2021 02:36PM
In the General Health section, Todd just posted about "Bad Bugs"....and it's a good 'awareness' reminder about what bugs can be prevalent in the warmer weather .... specifically Borrelia burdorferi .. the tick or vector that causes Lyme disease, which is the most common vector-borne disease in the US, according to the CDC. (Thanks, Todd).

I wrote about my 2012 Lyme exposure and my unexplained bouts of Afib until Lyme disease was diagnosed.

The current issue of Townsend Letter offers an excellent reminder/review about Lyme disease. They’ve made it an annual event. Each year, the July issue is devoted to info about Lyme disease. An abundance of useful info has been collected.

Here’s the link to their July 2021 Table of Contents and Lyme reports. .
[www.townsendletter.com]

And, at this link is my Lyme-saga post describing how it affected my heart which had been calm since my first ablation in 2003. [www.afibbers.org]

Awareness about vague symptoms is important.

Jackie
Re: Reminder: Summer, Lyme Disease & Arrhythmia
June 13, 2021 05:35PM
See hwkmn05's post about Ivermectin and his lyme symptoms [www.afibbers.org]

I passed this on to a friend with lyme.
June 14, 2021 11:16AM
Jackie,
Thank you Jackie.
By the the way, I, too, not knowing I had the start of a 2 year undiagnosed Lyme disease trip—— (test, I requested when i had symptoms in 2015 was negative. I did know you could get tested too soon. My dr said I did not have it so, I ignored six weeks of chills, etc as some virus. Then when my knee blew up in 2017, was tested again.)——, had an afib episode.. A rarity for me since I started Flec in 2008.
3 people on our street have had Lyme. I assume it is way under reported.

Thanks…
June 14, 2021 11:34AM
Hi Tibber.. So sorry you had to go through that misery. Thanks for sharing.
Best to you,
Jackie

Thanks, George, for posting that link to hwkmn's experience. Awareness alerts are very important and because there's such a huge number of contributing variables in Lyme symptoms, it's important to have as much info as we can.
Best to you as well,
Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login