Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr John Sarno (books) & his Theories

Posted by Poppino 
Dr John Sarno (books) & his Theories
June 04, 2021 01:17PM
In 2015 i developed horrible burning urination. I went to my Dr and 2 different urologists over 4 months. Every test known - nothing
I was told i had Prostatitis. Brutal! I cried prayed researched took every supplement- nothing. Until! I almost accidentally found a blog where a guy said: a simple book would heal me it did for him. I ordered one Sarno book and Unlear Your Pain by his protege- in 24 hrs i was 50% better. In 10’days 100%
Its the mind body connection
Now! Our issue is real like a broken leg or cancer or a real diagnosis- so where am i going? Well how much of our burden, triggers etc are self inflicted. Some? Last week Carey said: quit taking your pulse!!! Why did he say that? Because being ocd over my pulse might make it worse creating anxiety. Or stress which is a word that means “worry”
We all are looking for segments of help: magnesium. Trigger avoidance. Coq10 potassium. Meds. Not bending over etc etc

My prostatitus was caused by my father. Yes. Once i saw i got it.
Im still not strong. I can crumble. I can be The Cowardly Lion or Courage the Cowardly Dog. In the book : Unlearn You Pain you ck off which personality traits apply to you. I was 17 of 18. People Pleasing , wanting to be good, driven , wanting to be liked etc

Does all this have any application? Maybe not but maybe a tad
When i was young the adults all had ulcers. Today its back pain
Can a migraine be diagnosed? What is the cause? My dad had horrible hemorrhoids for yrs. he retired and never had another.
A Sarno book will not rid our arrhythmias I understand. Jackie has multiple times told me to : get my mind on good things: working out. Music. My flowers (which deer destroyed the other night) etc. again shes using a Sarno but doesnt know it. Shannon: Tom this too will pass
Tom
Re: Dr John Sarno (books) & his Theories
June 04, 2021 02:53PM
You are 100% right Tom. Back in 2004 after I was diagnosed with afib, I used to get AF often. I sat on my couch at night wondering (kinder word than worry) if I would get AF. This increased my BP and bam! I went into AF.

Now I treat af like another California earthquake. If I don’t fall out of my bed from the shaking, I just go back to sleep. That is not to say if I went into a super high symptomatic af with >170 hr and dizziness I would ignore it. I may hold a record here from going to the ER to get ecv.

Worrying about AF, taking your pulse repeatedly will not help..so you might as well channel and distract yourself with doing something you enjoy like gardening or a hobby. I like biofeedback CDs or lately sitting by my koi pond and watching my fish to the sound of rapid falling waterfalls.
June 04, 2021 03:24PM
Hi Tom - It's good to see you posting this acknowledgement and to see your mention of John Sarno.
He and others helped me in several personal saga/ health-issue journeys that I experienced long before Afib entered my life, but apparently were still there to help me cope as I didn't have nearly the anxiety for AF as I did during previous health-related issues. I think that recognizing and dealing with one's mortality is paramount; but for some, often almost impossible to do.

Managing the OCD issue is a huge accomplishment and as you point out... the OCD and pulse while very common is also highly contributory and definitely doesn't help with calming... but the impulse/habit is not at all unusual...at least initially. Good for you!!!

A very long time ago when I first joined our Afibber's group, I had phone conversations with an afibber who was just terrified when an event started. I remember one call where he had just walked into his home and went into Afib... he phoned me immediately and was crying and just beside himself with fear. The good news is that eventually, he was able to live with the symptoms and know that he would survive and the sooner he calmed down, the better chance he had of enjoying NSR again. Eventually, he had a successful ablation and his life normalized. We had many good conversations about more pleasant things and life went on.

You will do the same and we are all here to help support you.

I wish you peace and calm and your date with Dr. Natale will bring that to you.

Best to you,
Jackie
June 09, 2021 01:07PM
I love this topic. I would like to know the record for waiting to go to the ER. I used to wig a lot more. And I FEEL every beat when I go into afib. But what's the record ?? LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login