Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pvcs

Posted by Juggsy75 
Pvcs
May 31, 2021 03:42AM
Hi all, so last night I woke on my left side with pvcs every other beat, today I’ve woke with them every third beat for periods of around 30 secs..... are these pvcs an unfortunate side effect of an ablation as I never had them before it, they’re a real nuisance........ my last 7 day monitor said I had a burden of 1.87%
Re: Pvcs
May 31, 2021 10:29AM
I've had PVCs after each of my 4 ablation procedures. They each time progressivey went away during the first weeks of my blanking period.
I think it's relatively common.
May 31, 2021 10:44AM
Not that it matters to how you feel, but those are probably PACs rather than PVCs. PACs originate in the atria while PVCs originate in the ventricles.

They're not really a result of your ablation. They're caused by the same mechanism that caused your AF; ie, cells in your atria are firing when they shouldn't. It's just that now that you've had an ablation, it's preventing those PACs from turning into an AF episode like they would have in the past. So, yeah, I know how annoying they can be, but every time you feel one just thank your ablation for preventing the AF episode that probably would have resulted.

It's quite possible they'll settle down and become less frequent over the coming months.
May 31, 2021 12:20PM
Sorry I should’ve been more informative, they’re definitely pvcs I’ve seen them on my kardia, and my ablation was coming up to 5 years ago now, never had any first three years, last two years have been a lot worse
May 31, 2021 12:54PM
I had PVCs after a month of my first and second ablations. It got so bad my threshold burden was 35++%. I was scheduled to get a pvc ablation and by chance had an appointment with my local EP, an old time dr who told me to slowly start Tenormin (atenolol) while on Multaq so I postponed and canceled the ablation to give tenormin a try. The first week 12.5mg a day. Nothing. The second week 25mg a day. Nothing. Three days after taking 37.5mg during the third week my PVCs just stopped cold turkey. It happened 4 days before the PVC ablation appointment that I had postponed. The same thing happened after my second ablation. It stopped after 37.5mg (25mg in morning and 12.5mg at night) dosage. I considered myself lucky because Tenormin isn’t prescribed for PVCs but my doctor used it for his other patients with success.

I am unique and everyone is different but I thought it was worth sharing. I am not a doctor nor do I possess any medical training but I don’t see how your PVCs are anyway related to your ablation since it started three years afterwards.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2021 02:46PM by susan.d.
May 31, 2021 03:33PM
Okay, if you know they're PVCs that's different, but they still weren't caused by your ablation. You're just "lucky."

They won't generally treat PVCs until your burden is in the 20,000 per day range, which is about 15 per minute all day and night. But like Susan mentioned, sometimes beta blockers can stop them or greatly reduce them. Sometimes the antiarrhythmics can too. Something really mild like Multaq might be worth trying. Talk to your doc about it.
June 11, 2021 04:25PM
You're still early in your recovery. Others will have to confirm, but I wonder if your heart could still be pissed from the procedure and PVCs are the result. Different area of the heart, but still stress on the organ. I had terrible ectopics following my ablation (no sure if they were atrial or ventricle). Lasted for months. I did have a PVC ablation a couple years ago as well. Feels all connected to me. They have settled down in recent months. Hopefully yours will too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login