Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My update tues may 25

Posted by Poppino 
My update tues may 25
May 25, 2021 08:52AM
I just want to publicly thank Shannon Carey & Jackie for their support the past 2 weeks
I have burdened them with my issue and their kindness in talking to me is overwhelming
I got back in nsr fri-yesterday and am now. Yesterday i had a flutter episode that reached 181 but terminated in 2.5 hrs
Since 2006 my burden has been tolerable for sure. This flutter. Atypical is a whole new animal
My rate this weekend was in the 50s and is now. Many have had worse than me
I leave for Austin july 5 and procedure july 7. Flts made hotel made
Gonna try and calm down and accept. But i do thank God for Shannon. Poor guy hes called at least 10 times
Reassuring me ill survive lol
Like Jackie once told me: we re all experiments of one and Carey: saying had i only gone to the right guy first
Tom
Re: My update tues may 25
May 25, 2021 09:33AM
Saint Shannon.
May 25, 2021 11:21AM
Hi Tom
I'm also an alumni of Dr. Natale. He did both my ablations and I will be back in Austin July 8 for the Watchman procedure. You will be in the best hands with wonderful caring people. Carey got me through a very rough time also! He is incredibly knowledgeable and totally genuine. I have no doubt that Shannon is the same.

My thoughts will be with you.
Genie
May 25, 2021 12:45PM
Thanyou Genie!
May 26, 2021 08:33AM
All three wonderful human beings. Many of us have had the good fortune of being on the receiving end of their giving, and as you now know, it's hard to measure the good they do for us. I was in a very similar situation - botched 1st ablation that introduced high rate tachycardia. The phone calls with Shannon were essentially a literal life line for which I will be forever grateful. And the best is yet to come for you. St. David's and TCAI will likely be a whole new level of healthcare experience for you. Your date will arrive soon and Dr. Natale and the entire team in Austin will deliver the very very best care available.

I've got a photo of Carey and I hanging out together at St Davids hours after having the watchman procedure. Making good times out of a situation both would prefer not to have been in in the first place, but so grateful for being there. And look where we are now - NSR and free of blood thinners.
May 26, 2021 09:30AM
👍❤️
May 28, 2021 12:50PM
Glad to hear it's quieting down some now Tom! And that July 7th date with 'Da Man' in Austin will be here before you can say 'Booo'. Over these next 4 weeks or so just remember my favorite mantra 'This Too Shall Pass' ... it really will fly by.

Be well,
Shannon
May 28, 2021 06:35PM
Thanks Shannon. 👍
May 30, 2021 11:50AM
Best of luck. You'll be in the best of hands on Austin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login