Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

tachycardia
May 15, 2021 09:47AM
I posted yesterday about PACs but today I am in Afib. I usually have normal or slightly higher rate with afib, but this morning it is has been in the 130s. I just took two ecgs that are 107-110, so maybe it is slowing down. I have samples of eliquis and took one this morning and will see the EP as soon as I can get in, but it's the weekend. In the past my afib only lasts a few hours, but if this continues should I go to ER? I don't know much about tachycardia because I have not had to deal with it before.
Re: tachycardia
May 15, 2021 11:39AM
No, you don't need to go to the ER but you do need to continue taking the Eliquis twice daily from here on out. And don't stop just because the AF stops. So call your EP on Monday and have them call in a prescription. I would also ask for a rate control drug to slow it down.
May 16, 2021 03:13PM
ER visit with insurance resulted in a $17k bill. Complete waste as I went to ER in AF and was released in AF but with several dangerous drugs. You better yet ?
May 16, 2021 05:42PM
Try an icu bill
May 16, 2021 09:38PM
Yep, I learned the no ER rule for afib (for me) after I went on episode # 1 seventeen years ago. It was pricey back then. Learned afib was not an ER visit for me.
May 18, 2021 11:40AM
My 2020 afib related health costs were over $400k in total. Thankfully, I had good insurance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login