Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Melisa labs metal testing has resumed since the pandemic

Posted by susan.d 
Melisa labs metal testing has resumed since the pandemic
May 04, 2021 02:12PM
[melisa.org]

If any of you are interested in metal testing for the watchman, dental, pacemaker etc- Melisa labs has resumed testing. Last year they stopped because the blood is time dated and must be receiving priority Fedex to Germany and covid had influenced postponed delivery delays so they temporarily stopped the test. Shipping is approximately $100 but if you open up a fedex account it’s an additional 30% off. The $30 kit fee is refunded once you send the labs. Costs starts from 1-5 metals, 6-9 all the way to 18-20 metals.

PS- what’s great is that under “other” in the individual tests, they test gluten, casein and candida. They recommend providing two extra vials in case they need it if you were on steroids, or on a big list of meds the prior 3 weeks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2021 04:43PM by susan.d.
Re: Melisa labs metal testing has resumed since the pandemic
May 05, 2021 02:49PM
Susan - Not sure if this would be exactly the same, but the US firm offering similar metal testing labs is Genova Diagnostics... My FM MD typically orders those labs for me on an annual basis unless something is flagged to be monitored regularly.

[www.gdx.net]

Many more tests including the gluten, candida, etc.

[duckduckgo.com]

Jackie
Re: Melisa labs metal testing has resumed since the pandemic
May 05, 2021 05:56PM
Thanks Jackie! However it’s testing seems more geared towards environmental metal toxicity than metal implants such as a watchman etc. plus Melisa offers more metals included in the alloys used for medical implants (3 for titanium alone) or even dental implants. Melisa knows exactly (I called) which metals to test fir a particular implant. For example :
Titanium alloy (panel E)
Titanium dioxide
Titanium sulphate
Aluminium
Vanadium
Nickel trace in titanium alloy at 0.003% but 50% in nitinol) watchman uses nitinol alloy.

Individual metals that could be used in pacemakers:
Titanium (panel E) see above
Iridium
Platinum
Gold (gold plated pacemakers are custom available with fda approval)

Thanks for the link. Genova was accepting Medicare in the past for my heart labs while Melisa is cash only plus a hefty shipping fee to Germany. If the delivery is prolonged one still gets charged at a discount rate for testing. I just thought it was worth sharing that they resumed testing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login