Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Received a Zio - any tips beyond following the directions?

Received a Zio - any tips beyond following the directions?
April 17, 2021 06:30PM
Received a Zio in mail today. 7 days of wearing so I thought I'd start Sunday evening. I plan to do the range of activities that I normally do in a week. The directions look pretty straight forward but hoping others have some tips. TIA
Re: Received a Zio - any tips beyond following the directions?
April 17, 2021 08:14PM
If you sweat it could fall off. I recommend you adding a tegaderm bandage on both sides.
April 18, 2021 12:16PM
I used sports tape for added security.
April 18, 2021 12:37PM
Agree Susan, tegaderm bandage is a good idea with a ZIO patch if a connection problem preventing it from good adherence on the skin arises.

Shannon
April 18, 2021 02:49PM
Thanks, I'll check my cabinets or order one
April 18, 2021 02:58PM
Amazon or cvs has it.
April 25, 2021 03:54PM
Putting a tagaderm over the Zio has made this week long experiment a lot more tolerable. I've showered and bathed like normal. I'll post the size patch I used later.
April 30, 2021 03:46AM
I’m wearing the Zio for a second time. I told the nurse when she was taping it on me that the glue doesn’t work when you sweat...and I was right, again. Had to tape it back after about a week after sweating it off during some exercise on a hot day. Happened to me both times when I wore it. Only a week to go, can’t wait to get it off.
April 30, 2021 10:18AM
About 10 minutes after boasting how well the tagaderm helped, I got in the hot tub and noticed the device was sweating off. I went ahead and turned it in. 6 days should be enough data.

I've got another wearable on right now - a CGM. BG in 90s every time I've read it so far.
April 30, 2021 12:27PM
I don’t think you can take a bath, hot tub or swim wearing it. I could be wrong.
April 30, 2021 03:42PM
I can't imagine any adhesive device surviving a hot tub. And I'm pretty sure Susan is right that you aren't supposed to submerge it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login