Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Role of Calcium in the Human Heart: With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Posted by Dean 
The Role of Calcium in the Human Heart: With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
April 03, 2021 03:04AM
In all my years on this forum this is the best technical description of afib I have ever come across
The credit for finding this should go to poster Colindo (Colin) in New Zealand as he emailed it to me.

It is written for school kids but is more relevant to “old farts” like us.

It is particularly relevant to afibbers on this forum who have trouble trying to understand the relationship between Calcium, afib and heart failure and Ion Channels.

Enjoy!
Dean in Aussie

[kids.frontiersin.org]
Language for school kids speaks to me. Thanks for the link.
Copied from the website

In addition, abnormal regulation of calcium may directly impair pumping function or relaxation of the heart. Scientists have identified that calcium-handling abnormalities play major roles in many heart rhythm disorders. However, despite the advancements in (bio)medical technologies, several important questions about the mechanisms and treatment of calcium-related problems remain.

I would suggest that the lack of calcitonin is the cause. Which is lower in Afibbers than the general population. Calcitonin regulates calcium.
A solution may be vitamin K2 and vitamin D, which we can get from the sun and NATTO.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login