Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Covid jab

Posted by Juggsy75 
Covid jab
March 19, 2021 11:58AM
Got my first covid jab tomorrow, in uk it tends to be the Oxford Astra Zeneca one that majority are having, some slight bad press lately with a few countries suspending its use due to blood clot incidents....WHO have said they’re yet to be proved to have anything to do with the vaccine.

My question is we know afib is linked to blood clots, hence the need for anti coagulation, I’m not currently on them as my ep took me off four years ago due to my chads vasc score of zero......... do you think if there is a link with blood clots that it maybe more of a chance if you have afib?
Re: Covid jab
March 19, 2021 03:32PM
My understanding is the EU has now determined the vaccine does not causing clotting issues. I don't find that surprising since it seemed really unlikely to me from the beginning.

What does cause clotting problems is COVID. There's no question about that. I don't know how COVID would affect clotting in an afib patient, but it raises the risk of blood clots substantially in people without afib, so it can't be good.
March 19, 2021 03:38PM
Carey
My understanding is the EU has now determined the vaccine does not causing clotting issues. I don't find that surprising since it seemed really unlikely to me from the beginning.

What does cause clotting problems is COVID. There's no question about that. I don't know how COVID would affect clotting in an afib patient, but it raises the risk of blood clots substantially in people without afib, so it can't be good.

I thought the same, I think a lot of the European suspension of use was political posturing over brexit and the supply of the vaccine
March 19, 2021 11:54PM
Ahh, I hadn't considered that since I'm not well versed in Euro-UK politics, but it's believable.
March 20, 2021 01:28AM
Neither are any of us to be fair😂😂😂
March 21, 2021 05:02AM
Nowadays, many people make great use of misinformation. Some who do this only repeat what they've read or heard, without wondering whether it may be right or wrong. But there are people sending fakes deliberately. The bigger the fakes, the better they are, because even when thoses fakes have been fully identified as stupidities, there's always something bad engraved in the opinion.
Now, AZ vaccine is perceived here as dangerous. There are people refusing to be injected this one. So now, add to the people who refuse vaccination people who refuse some brand of vaccine. Vaccination is likely the only way to get rid of the pandemia.
I wouldn't say there's anything behind this in relation with politics, brexit and the likes, but there's a reality we can't deny: there's a lot of money in play, and the battlefield is the health of innocent people.
Joe
March 21, 2021 09:03PM
Can that be debunked?
[www.youtube.com]
Dr Campbell incessantly promotes vaccination including for SARS-CoV-2 and AZ yet he sees merit in this simple treatment while waiting for a vaccination.
Listened to a Belgian Scientist the other day who recommended that their government look into Ivermectin use - he didn't even get a reply.

Suppose i'm trying to say that self interest groups use the fake news to discredit when there is a lot of profit at stake.

FWIW, i'd prefer, with the info available so far, to receive Novavax when available but if push comes to shove i will take whatever is going.
March 21, 2021 11:05PM
Joe
[www.youtube.com]
Dr Campbell incessantly promotes vaccination including for SARS-CoV-2 and AZ yet he sees merit in this simple treatment while waiting for a vaccination.
Listened to a Belgian Scientist the other day who recommended that their government look into Ivermectin use - he didn't even get a reply.

are there any reasons heart wise not to do ivermectin? I know with HCQ you have the QT prolongation issue but Ivermectin doesn't seem so. I have a functional doc that is willing to prescribe it either prophylactically. .. or If needed. I asked my regular card (adult congenital) and he did not respond to my portal message. I asked my functional cardiologist and he said "I would never ever prescribe it". My husband took that to mean that a cardiologist would not prescribe it. But he did not / would not elaborate. Perhaps for political reasons (he is already on the radar of a local hospital as working outside the box.). I have had anapyalyxis in the past (idiopathic) so although I have an appointment for a vax in Mid April (JJ), I am hesitant if there is something that could really help but I can't get a cardiologist to answer if there are any 'no no reasons." My regular doc said, "we would just treat with whatever the standard treatment is at that time.

Thanks
Joe
March 22, 2021 12:57AM
I can't advise other than saying that Ivermectin has been given to millions of people with very very few side effects. Suggest you google FLCCC
[covid19criticalcare.com] and gather some info
Best wishes!
March 22, 2021 08:46AM
Jab done, 24 hours of feeling little achey in muscles and joints, but now feel fine.....
March 22, 2021 10:13AM
New data and guidance over the weekend for AZ.

On Friday, the EMA said that there is "no increase in overall risk of blood clots" among people who've gotten the AstraZeneca vaccine. The European regulator said it had reports of 25 clots so far among the roughly 20 million people who've received the AstraZeneca shot. The EMA, however, didn't rule out a possible connection entirely. "A causal link with the vaccine is not proven," the EMA said in a statement, "but is possible and deserves further analysis."

The German researchers say the good news is that if their theory is correct, this rare adverse reaction to the jab can be identified and treated.

They say recipients should be on the lookout for unusual bruising, swelling or headaches that start four or more days after getting the vaccination. If identified quickly, they say, the clotting problem can be managed relatively easily by health professionals.

[www.npr.org]
March 22, 2021 11:20AM
Joe
I can't advise other than saying that Ivermectin has been given to millions of people with very very few side effects. Suggest you google FLCCC
[covid19criticalcare.com] and gather some info
Best wishes!

thanks. I am familiar with the website winking smiley
March 24, 2021 09:48PM
I just got the first Pfizer injection today. My state is in group 4, which includes “high-risk” individuals. I decided AF history qualifies as high risk. Maybe I’m right, maybe I’m wrong but what the heck. The floodgates are going to open on this in the next two weeks so why not be a bit ahead of the game? There are several counties in NC that have already gone to phase 5 (everyone) because they can’t give the stuff away.

There were loads of people in the Walgreens where I was scheduled and not one of them looked like they really had a serious “high-risk” condition. And Walgreens doesn’t ask any questions. Fill out the form and go.
March 30, 2021 10:34AM
I have my first Pfizer scheduled for tomorrow (GA has opened it up to age 16 and over!). I'm a little nervous. Seems like all the conspiracies are popping up.

From what I've heard, the first injection doesn't typically cause many discomforts, but the 2nd one might.

Is there any reason to think the vaccine might cause Afib to start up? My cardiologist told me that having Afib itself doesn't make you a "high risk" Covid patient.

Note to add - my sister passed from Covid in December, so that is why I'm pushing ahead to get it.
Ken
March 30, 2021 10:59AM
I have had both Pfizer shot (my wife too). Nothing to it. For both of us, a slightly sore arm for one day after each shot. Too much negative hype for little or no reason.
March 30, 2021 11:25AM
katesshadow
I have my first Pfizer scheduled for tomorrow (GA has opened it up to age 16 and over!). I'm a little nervous. Seems like all the conspiracies are popping up.

Is there any reason to think the vaccine might cause Afib to start up? My cardiologist told me that having Afib itself doesn't make you a "high risk" Covid patient.

Note to add - my sister passed from Covid in December, so that is why I'm pushing ahead to get it.

The conspiracies are flowing from the Russian government and the anti-vaxxers, neither of whom have a shred of credibility and both of whom have blood on their hands. No reason to be nervous. The vaccines are safe and effective, as proven by the millions of people who've received them before you.

I think I've heard of one person who thought their AF was triggered by the vaccine, but that's one person and coincidences happen. There's no more risk of the COVID vaccine triggering AF than there is with any other vaccine, and I've never heard anyone else claim a vaccine triggered their AF.

I'm sorry for your loss.
March 30, 2021 11:39AM
Ken
I have had both Pfizer shot (my wife too). Nothing to it. For both of us, a slightly sore arm for one day after each shot. Too much negative hype for little or no reason.

Good to hear!
March 30, 2021 11:44AM
Carey

The conspiracies are flowing from the Russian government and the anti-vaxxers, neither of whom have a shred of credibility and both of whom have blood on their hands. No reason to be nervous. The vaccines are safe and effective, as proven by the millions of people who've received them before you.

I think I've heard of one person who thought their AF was triggered by the vaccine, but that's one person and coincidences happen. There's no more risk of the COVID vaccine triggering AF than there is with any other vaccine, and I've never heard anyone else claim a vaccine triggered their AF.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Thanks for the info! I've tried to stay off of "google," with the vaccine info. And thank you for your condolences. Her passing was a total shock. With the exception of immediate family (her husband and 2 dd's) we were pretty much kept in the dark about her Covid illness. I suspect she had diabetes that was untreated. At one time she was very, very diligent about medical check-ups, etc., but over the past few years, she has been extremely busy helping take care of my other sister, who has health issues. She pretty much put herself last.
March 30, 2021 08:20PM
There are a lot of really tragic stories out there in numbers none of us have seen in our lifetimes. The historical perspective is not going to be kind to us in the future.
March 31, 2021 06:13PM
I had soreness at the injection site for all of one day. That was it. I'll get the 2nd dose on April 21 and report back how that goes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2021 06:13PM by wolfpack.
April 04, 2021 07:13PM
wolfpack
I had soreness at the injection site for all of one day. That was it. I'll get the 2nd dose on April 21 and report back how that goes.

Same here. My 2nd is on 4/21 also. My BIL and sister had their 2nd one last week. He was advised by his sister to take Tylenol that night. He did and has felt perfectly fine. My sister has a rash on the vaccine arm, which I think is not uncommon.
April 05, 2021 12:01PM
Yes, Tylenol and Zyrtec are recommended. I didn't take either one, though.

The one thing you don't want to do is use an NSAID painkiller. No aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen sodium, etc. Those are anti-inflammatories and you actually need a little inflammation from the vaccine to get the immune system going.

I opted to just "grin and bear it" the first time. I'll probably do the same the second time but I have heard the side effects are a bit worse. I figure I can pop the Tylenol later if need be.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login