Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Do not want to stop the Flec...
January 21, 2021 07:10PM
My second ablation was last August, (1st was in 2006). Going in, I was getting long runs of pac's with some SVT and afib thrown in, lasting around 10 - 20 hours per "session".

a week after the ablation I had some problems, a bunch of pac's, MAYBE some short runs of afib..so went on Flecainide. Have been PERFECT since then, (5 months). I'm down to low dose of Flec now...but VERY hesitant to go off completely. My EP says "no big deal" if I want to stay on this low dose, really for as long as I want.

Any thoughts? Man it's so wonderful to be this way, it's like I'm NORMAL again, I can't seem to stop taking the Flec...?
Re: Do not want to stop the Flec...
January 21, 2021 07:48PM
You know you can just restart the flec if the ectopics come back. I would at least give it a try. Wouldn't it be nice not to be on it and know you don't need to be on it?
January 22, 2021 12:08PM
Please define low dose.

I've been in NSR for 10 weeks since EVC and am wondering when I should approach Dr. N about weening off.

Currently 150mg BID
January 22, 2021 12:33PM
Shocking you never tried getting off flec. slowly or even cold turkey esp. after the blanking period ended.....what's to worry....the supply of flec. is not going to go away and besides how will you know how suc. the procedure was until you let your heart stand on it's own 2 feet so to speak.
January 22, 2021 12:57PM
vanlith
Shocking you never tried getting off flec. slowly or even cold turkey esp. after the blanking period ended.....what's to worry....the supply of flec. is not going to go away and besides how will you know how suc. the procedure was until you let your heart stand on it's own 2 feet so to speak.

I can't tell if you're addressing OP or me - but I am patient and looking forward to losing both the eliquis and the flec.
January 22, 2021 03:34PM
NotLyingAboutMyAfib
I've been in NSR for 10 weeks since EVC and am wondering when I should approach Dr. N about weening off.

About now would be good. smiling smiley
January 22, 2021 03:55PM
NotLyingAboutMyAfib

I can't tell if you're addressing OP or me - but I am patient and looking forward to losing both the eliquis and the flec.

I was addressing SD.......as your not out of your blanking period yet NotLying but as Carey said go for it and both of you get back to us with your results if you decide to let your heart go ahhnatural.
February 11, 2021 10:00PM
While Flec is a great drug at reducing heart activity......its just that! if you can live without it, do it!
February 14, 2021 01:44AM
NotLyingAboutMyAfib

Did your np tell you to go off of the drugs? After my first ablation I was told to go off of multaq after 2-3 months but I was told to remain on Eliquis even though I was in nsr. It didn’t matter because 5.5 months post ablation my AFib returned so I’m happy I didn’t go off of Eliquis prematurely. But that is me and everyone is different. You are younger and only had 3-6? or so months total of afib in your lifetime compared to my 15 year history of afib. Maybe 15 years of left atrial scarring made a difference. But who knows.

I’m very happy you are in nsr. I’m waiting for my next ablation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login