Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heart patients-3 common medications you may need to avoid

Posted by susan.d 
Heart patients-3 common medications you may need to avoid
December 17, 2020 11:42PM
Re: Heart patients-3 common medications you may need to avoid
December 18, 2020 07:35PM
I take one baby aspirin with low dose Eliquis everyday. I had a stent put in 2012 and LAA was isolated in 2016. Dr. Natale approved of this in 2016. My local Cardiologist approves also. It is considered a MAJOR issue on Drugs.com interaction checker but I do what I have to do.
December 18, 2020 07:54PM
Smackman:

I am taking Xarelto and i once mentioned to my EP about taking a baby aspirin when I got a migraine and he about flipped said no,no. I have been reading where Dr. Natale says to take a baby aspirin even when taking a blood thinner. So what is right, I guess it depends on our bodies.
December 18, 2020 08:31PM
Elizabeth
So what is right, I guess it depends on our bodies.

Exactly. Your doctor was right because all adding aspirin would do is increase your bleeding risk, but Smackman's doctor was also right because he has an isolated LAA and a stint, neither or which you have. He takes the Eliquis for the isolated LAA and the aspirin for the stint.
December 18, 2020 08:58PM
Carey:

Ok, makes sense in those scenarios, now what if one has to have a stint and does not have a isolated LAA?
December 18, 2020 09:05PM
Then you would probably be put on aspirin only. Stints generally require aspirin.
December 19, 2020 05:00PM
I took 81mg ASA BID on top of 5mg Eliquis BID when I had covid once I had an understanding from Carey and a thumbs up from Dr. Natale. Still in NSR - 5 weeks heading into 6.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login