Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Atrial Tachy 2 1/2 years after PVI

Posted by mwcf 
Atrial Tachy 2 1/2 years after PVI
December 13, 2020 07:02AM
Hi all,

I posted a while ago about an arrhythmia episode I had in early October. I've since then had two more episodes: the first started at 150BPM regular, then 'settled' to where it oscillated between AT at a steady 75BPM whilst lying down and bigeminy at 50BPM whilst moving about. I got bored after a few hours, went for a brisk walk, got back up to the AT at 150 and then converted to NSR (for me always 60BPM). The last episode started at 150 regular and stayed there for 3 hours before converting back to NSR. The sure-fire correlation/trigger for this 150BPM is straining/exerting whilst bending over. A perfect trigger is bent over double rapidly hand-sawing a hefty piece of wood or bent over scraping with a shovel or sweeping very vigorously for 5 minutes or more. Prof Jais at Bordeaux who did my index PVI is very confident he can attend to this AT for me and will tidy up any other reconnections/troublesome areas at the same time. Going to have to wait until early 2021 though....

Anyway, best regards and seasonal best wishes to all,

Mike F
Re: Atrial Tachy 2 1/2 years after PVI
December 13, 2020 08:54AM
Sorry to hear this, Mike, hope you’ll be able to get to Bordeaux soon. I might well be headed there once travel is possible because husband has long term persistent AF, so I will be relying on you for up to date information!

Gill
December 14, 2020 07:00AM
Thanks Gill. I've always accepted that this arrhythmia business is likely to be ongoing for me in the medium to long term and that I will need further attention from Prof Jais and his team a couple or so times again throughout the rest of my life. As soon as I learn anything from Bordeaux that might be of use to you in your own forward planning I'll be sure to PM you to keep you apprised.

Cheers,

Mike
December 14, 2020 09:37AM
Thank you Mike.

Gill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login