Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ablation 5.5 years ago - so far so good

Posted by montos 
Ablation 5.5 years ago - so far so good
November 29, 2020 06:01PM
Hi all,

I used to be a regular reader of this forum and occasionally posted stuff myself.
Quick rundown:
- developed paroxysmal Afib in 2009 at 38.
- Had one or two episodes a year for the first few years and then started getting more frequent and controlled with PIP
- Up to weekly episodes by late 2013, started on propafenone daily
- After 1 year or so started getting break thru episodes and developed burning feet neuralgia from the anti-arthymics.
- Had an ablation in Bordeaux in June 2015

I have to say it changed my life. I used to get some ectopics for the first 6 months to 1 year after the ablation but eventually that settled down. Every once in a while it would act up if I had been bad with sodium, dehydration, alcohol, etc.

But for the most part it has been amazing and life changing. I know that I may one day need to go back for a 2nd ablation or more, but I wouldn’t hesitate. It wasn’t until after things had settled down for a while that I realized what a toll this disease had taken on my mental well-being.

Anyway, thought I’d check in because I know that a lot of the people who are doing better are the ones that tend to post less and disappear.

Thanks to everyone that is still here from the “old days” for all the support back then.

Monty
Re: Ablation 5.5 years ago - so far so good
November 29, 2020 06:55PM
Hi Monty,

Congratulations on the wonderful report! Glad you are doing so well.

Cheers,

George
November 29, 2020 10:46PM
Great story!! Are you med free?
November 29, 2020 11:28PM
Glad your doing well. Here's to a lifetime more of NSR...

Rich
November 30, 2020 02:46AM
Kleinkp, I started taking a small dose of bisoprolol after my ablation. I’ve found that it seems to keep the ectopics from bothering me so I’ve stayed with it. No antiarrhythmics and no anticoagulants. I also take a PPI sometimes. Heartburn used to be a trigger so I try to eat to avoid it and treat it with a PPI or antacid when it happens.
November 30, 2020 01:15PM
Thanks for your report. Much appreciated.
Patients rarely mind coming here to tell they're fine after their ablation.
November 30, 2020 09:58PM
Thanks for your post Monty. Since I just had my ablation 2 weeks ago this is a very encouraging post for me to read!

I am thinking about putting together a collection of Afib stories for the purpose of helping others who are going thru this. I know that I would love to have a source to read others stories of their history with afib, treatments, successes, failures, etc. Hans had a section like that in his book that I loved reading and found very helpful... Your story definitely sounds like one I'd like to include so let me know if you are interested.

I will probably post a separate post on this topic to see if others are interested in sharing their stories to help others (In a different format other than this forum, maybe an ebook or something like that). This forum is an absolute great resource and I am so very grateful to be a part of this, but I am afraid a lot of people like you that have had successful ablations and treatments may not be posting on here any longer. Anyway - just a thought...and again, thank you for your post!!
December 14, 2020 06:53AM
All good to read/hear Montos thumbs up Long may it continue.
December 17, 2020 07:15PM
That's great news. 🍻 Hope for many more for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login