Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shock wave therapy

Posted by Kleinkp 
Shock wave therapy
October 12, 2020 10:45PM
Foot doctor wants to perform shock wave therapy for plantar fasciitis. Had my ablation 5 months ago. Probably being cautious but any concerns of shock wave therapy triggering afibb? Only meds I take is 25mg of metopropol to help keep ectopics down past annoying levelsmiling smiley. Foot doc said no cause for concern.
Re: Shock wave therapy
October 13, 2020 10:43AM
Kleinkp
Foot doctor wants to perform shock wave therapy for plantar fasciitis. Had my ablation 5 months ago. Probably being cautious but any concerns of shock wave therapy triggering afibb? Only meds I take is 25mg of metopropol to help keep ectopics down past annoying levelsmiling smiley. Foot doc said no cause for concern.

I have no idea about shock wave therapy & afib. However, I suggest you check out the book I linked in this post to Bettylou. Many times, plantar fasciitis is caused as a referred pain from trigger points in calf muscles.

Specifically these muscles.

(#'s are page numbers out of the book).
soleus (270) gastrocnemius (267) quadratus plantae (284) flexor digitorum brevis (279) abductor hallucis (282) abductor digiti minimi (283)

You can put the name of the muscle in here, for example for the soleus.

In this image, the white X in the left drawing is where a trigger point could be found. The red stippled area is where the referred pain could be felt.

If you feel around where the X is and it feels more sore than the surrounding tissue, then that is likely a trigger point. One way to release it is to massage that area, like you were ironing it in one direction, to a pain level of around 7 out of 10. Do about 10 strokes and then come back. If it is working then the referred pain should reduce or go away. Another way to release it would be to put an ice pack around the X for 10-15 seconds, then stretch that muscle.

Then look for trigger points in all the listed muscles and release any you find. They are listed in order of most likely to be causal.

There are other release techniques. If interested, PM me.

This approach has no downside.

Reading the book will give much more explanation.

George
October 13, 2020 10:58AM
Shock wave therapy doesn't involve electrical stimulation. It should have no effect whatsoever on anything involving your heart.

Incidentally, my wife suffers from plantar fasciitis and has found shockwave therapy extremely effective.
October 13, 2020 11:58AM
Thanks! Glad to hear it has some real life success. With all due respect to the docs they seem to inflate the successfulness of some of their treatments.
October 13, 2020 05:41PM
Is your insurance going to cover it? If so, count yourself lucky. We have to pay for it ourselves and it's $300 per treatment.
October 13, 2020 06:35PM
Look at EarthClinics therapies. ACV seems to be popular. [www.earthclinic.com]
October 13, 2020 08:52PM
Todd
Look at EarthClinics therapies. ACV seems to be popular. [www.earthclinic.com]

Worth the experiment, thanks Todd:
[www.earthclinic.com]
October 13, 2020 08:57PM
Todd
Look at EarthClinics therapies. ACV seems to be popular.

Links to specific clinics raise spam alarms for me. Is there any objective scientific evidence that vinegar works?
October 13, 2020 09:06PM
Ever try a night sock for relief?
[www.braceability.com]
October 13, 2020 09:25PM
I can say that the trigger point therapy worked for me. Had bad plantar fasciitis for years. Subsequent to teaching myself how to analyze and release trigger points, I could fix plantar fasciitis and numerous other pain complaints, generally in short order. I did a deep dive and learned a lot. I've also worked on many people to help with feet, knees, backs, hips, shoulders and more. It is a no downside approach. If you learn to do it yourself, it is no cost. It isn't 100% but it is very efficacious. I taught a number of guys I work with, who are now around 80 and they swear by it.
October 13, 2020 10:39PM
Carey
Is your insurance going to cover it? If so, count yourself lucky. We have to pay for it ourselves and it's $300 per treatment.
Doc says I have chronic plantar fasciitis. I have seen same doc on and off since 2003 hadn't been there since 2012ish. Met my deductible with my ablation so went in for new othortics. Foot doc said I'm his new mission and is going to do what ever it takes to get my heel pain reduced(no charge). Doc said there's all sorts of new wave therapies available. His practice has become super successful treating local pro sports teams, I guess he's rewarding me for being one of his original patients when he went out on his own back in 03.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2020 10:41PM by Kleinkp.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login