Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Let's say you do nothing. Or darn near next to it...

Let's say you do nothing. Or darn near next to it...
September 12, 2020 11:17AM
As I've stated before - I had chihuahua afib - not pitbull. It was a nuisance but I could go about life pretty normal. Take some Eliquis bid and go about life. Other than high heart rates under load (cycling or carrying luggage up stairs) life was pretty much normal. What were the risks long term from just milking that status vs ablation and/ or ablations and /or watchman etc and the risks associated with surgery(ies)?

I've already picked my 'path' as I have procedure # 1 and look likely to have #2 and watchman too. It's probably early to be 2nd guessing my decision to get an ablation but in summary - this hasn't been fun.
Re: Let's say you do nothing. Or darn near next to it...
September 12, 2020 11:54AM
Why do you think you're headed for a second ablation? It's way too early to make such a prediction.

I don't know of any medical procedure that's fun. The fun comes later when you're rid of the scourge and all the drugs and crap you would have lived with the rest of your life. Trust me, you'll appreciate it more than you can imagine right now.
September 12, 2020 01:34PM
Enlarged left atrium - inability to hold NSR for any length of time, ineffectiveness of any drugs.... I know it's early yet but I've learned to set low expectations. Would love to be proved wrong.
September 12, 2020 02:42PM
Don't lose your hopes!
Ablation is the right choice when drugs don't work. Things may change during your blanking period.
I know it's easier said than done, but keeping a positive attitude is well worth it.
September 12, 2020 06:46PM
Personally I would’ve stayed on meds till they stopped working (providing no sides) and then go for the ablation. At least that appears to be what cardiologists recommend (though again I know nothing in this space)
September 12, 2020 10:14PM
You should go read my post from my first ablation with Natale. It should give you some perspective. I was a wreck following and had issues til the day I didn't.

[www.afibbers.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2020 10:22PM by rocketritch.
September 12, 2020 10:53PM
Just read the entire thread Rich very helpful.
September 13, 2020 06:26PM
NotLyingAboutMyAfib
Just read the entire thread Rich very helpful.

Glad my thread was of help to you. It's hard to convey what's going on sometimes. Especially when there are multiple factors involved.

I really put that first PVI (2009) ablation through its paces over that 10 year period. I never let up on my cycling. Following my first with Natale (2018) my back was such a wreck I had a hard time doing anything. And I'm still not convinced to this day that it was not in some way connected to the Ticosyn.

And like I mentioned in that thread my heart issues during that time just all of a sudden stopped just a short period of time beyond the normal blanking period.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login