Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not Lying About My Ablation --- smiling smiley

Not Lying About My Ablation --- smiling smiley
August 26, 2020 12:37PM
This is a placeholder for me to update as I go for ablation in Austin on Friday.

Expected updates that I will try to post in real time:

1. Passed Covid Test - All Systems are Go.
2. Radio silence while I am on the dark side of the moon. (Please enjoy some Pink Floyd)
3. Groggy wake up and "I'm Alive" notification - if this update isn't made - go ahead and play the B-side now while I enter Valhalla.
4. Some complaints about lying on back, hospital food and why the pretty nurses have posted a warning outside my room.
5. Deep thoughts after rereading Hitchen's Mortality.
6. Maybe an NSR report?
7. More hospital food complaints and need someone to answer if nurses can provide adequate care while they enforce the restraining order against me.
8. Post surgery dating advice - should I put "minor leakage in groin area" on my Tinder profile?

Any tips on what I should download to my tablet from Netflix? Not counting on a solid net connection in hospital.

Thanks all and keep beating for all it's worth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2020 09:43AM by NotLyingAboutMyAfib.
Re: I'm Not Lying About My Ablation --- smiling smiley
August 26, 2020 01:29PM
Actually, I doubt we'll hear hospital food complaints. St. Davids has the best food I've had in any hospital ever. I recommend the salmon.
August 26, 2020 01:51PM
It's really alot different than it used to be...generally a shorter procedure now depending on each situation. They have made it alot more comfortable also...I had my first 14 years ago...my second last week. It will be over before you know it...good luck!
Ken
August 26, 2020 02:41PM
My last ablation was day surgery. In the door at 6:00 am and out the door in the late afternoon. 2 mile walk the next day. No pain or discomfort and no bruising at the groin insertion point.
August 26, 2020 04:25PM
I concur with Carey, St Davids food is the best. I would even go there just for the food smileys with beer.

St Davids Patient Menu in 2019
August 26, 2020 06:21PM
Jake- OMG!!
I want that menu! What a hospital! Is it included or extra charge like Cedars-Sinai?
Next week I will be wheeling in an ice pack with food into the Cath lab in CA. Because of allergies and concerns where the kitchen staff had their hands or unmasked faces during their time not at work during California’s worst covid19 high in the nation, I’m not eating hospital food. I’m placing a sign no housekeeping or food service allowed. Wear a mask that covers your nose. I’ve been there 8 times since the end of May and they are not all mask compliant once they passed the temperature gal.

Anyway, last September’s ablation they couldn’t feed me anything other than a banana, Avocado and bottled water because I listed iodine as an allergy and all their food was seasoned with iodized salt-which doesn’t bother me, only iodine CatScan contrast but they wouldn’t budge by having iodine listed...or had food that didn’t contain gluten or dairy.

NLAMA you will be in for a treat! I’m drooling at the menu! It’s like a vacation restaurant treat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2020 06:25PM by susan.d.
August 26, 2020 07:49PM
After seeing the menus - I'm hoping for some complications that keep me there a few days. winking smiley

One less thing to worry about. Thanks all.
August 26, 2020 11:30PM
NotLyingAboutMyAfib
One less thing to worry about. Thanks all.

FYI, I had my pre-ablation tele-visit today. I always wear a n95 during ecv. My oxygen is 100 and they put the oxygen mask over it.

I’m told I cannot wear any mask because in general I will be tubed. Being alone at the hospital and knowing I will be out of it for hours afterwards in an amnesia stupor from the anesthesia, I worry about not being protected from covid19 since it’s CA, the highest state. Family members in the waiting room I have noticed the last 8 times took off their masks, the receptionist wears as an earring over one ear so I won’t be aware afterwards to enforce it... and social distancing is not available. And I will not have anyone to put my mask on. Since I have been there so often, I see a lot of people wear it under their chins or only by their mouths.

So just a heads up so you can arrange whomever you are with to mask you during your temporary mental absence.
August 27, 2020 09:42AM
Thanks Susan - good reminder to be prepared.
Re: Not Lying About My Ablation --- smiling smiley
August 27, 2020 10:06AM
Good luck with your ablation tomorrow NLAMA. I wish you the best and the strength and af free to play hop on pop with your future grandkids one day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2020 10:08AM by susan.d.
August 27, 2020 08:27PM
I recommend the salmon. Best of luck tomorrow.
August 28, 2020 07:49AM
Past covid test looks like I'm going in. Could be out for two to four hours. I'll be on the dark side of the Moon
August 28, 2020 03:59PM
Good luck NLAMA - look forward to your progress updates.
Cheers,
Mike F
August 28, 2020 08:47PM
We hope your ablation today went well.
August 29, 2020 09:17AM
Hi everyone out of the procedure had a few hiccups yesterday they seem to be okay now I'm in NSR and watching the tour de France
August 29, 2020 11:24AM
Nothing serious, I hope.
August 29, 2020 08:36PM
Literal hick-ups I hope. Had them myself my last ablation.

Glad your doing OK.
August 29, 2020 11:27PM
NLAMA- if your hiccups were mild complications from the ablation and not just hiccups, can you share in this forum what they were? It would be beneficial to readers to get a full picture of any rare or common issues of getting an ablation. We just hear the good stuff. It’s good to know.

However it they were just hiccups, I found a 20 second cure.
August 31, 2020 05:59PM
Hi everybody just giving a little update had some internet problems here the one thing to say is the salmon is really good they do they must broil it or something but they gets this nice crust on it and there's kind of this lemon butter olive oil sauce that comes with it it's really really nice Shannon has been great and Shannon has been great as well there's probably a lot to update later I'd just like to be able to do it when there's more clarity. I am in an Sr and I had one a little skip out that lasted a little bit but went right back into NSR so I take that as a good sign that my heart wants to be in nSr now
September 01, 2020 01:33AM
Nice ! I wish you the best.
September 01, 2020 02:29PM
Good to hear/read your updates NLAMAF and as always rooting for you and wishing you all the best.
Mike F.
September 01, 2020 11:39PM
Glad things are going well. Get even better.
September 03, 2020 02:37PM
Hi folks. I am back at home and in NSR. I'm sorry there isn't much I can relay at this time without the benefit of hindsight. It would be unfair to try to discuss my experience until all of the facts are in and all issues resolved. Last but not least I want my experience to benefit others and without any bias or agenda and with clarity and certainty.

Based on that - what I can state for sure. You should make yourself strong before the procedure. Any ease I am having at this time I can all account to my fitness routine of cycling, swimming and lifting weights especially in the previous year.

I also think its important that you are very medically knowledgeable and have someone there to advocate for you and ensure your care is met post-op. The variability of nurses went from A+ to D- (avg of B+) Most people only stay 24 hours so this may not be a factor. I was there 6 days.

Do not schedule on a Friday - shoot for earlier in the week. You get more B-team on the weekend and much back office and admin support is absent.

Dr. Natale, his PA, Shannon, were excellent. Shannon is one of the most caring and kind humans I've ever known.

And then there is Shan D of this forum - he's been available to me 24/7 and has reached out all along my attack of hiccups and through to this moment. He really cares about what's going on.

I look forward to telling my full story and until then everyone should keep in mind that my experience is unique - not 1 in 1000 or even 1 in 10,000 but anomalous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2020 03:15PM by NotLyingAboutMyAfib.
September 03, 2020 06:04PM
Feel better. I was thinking of you all week.
September 03, 2020 09:16PM
Continued NSR to you!!
September 04, 2020 12:17AM
Keep getting stronger.
October 19, 2020 09:55PM
NotLyingAboutMyAfib
After seeing the menus - I'm hoping for some complications that keep me there a few days. winking smiley

Be careful what you wish for.

Hey Shannon? LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login