Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Had Ablation with Dr Natale

Posted by Cevetello 
Had Ablation with Dr Natale
August 19, 2020 12:08PM
Hi, wanted to share with you my recent ablation with Dr Natale on July 28. It was quite a positive experience and thanks to Shannon, who ushered me through this flawlessly, it all went very smoothly. Shannon was with me every step of the way, before during and after, and I am eternally grateful to him. I’m three weeks out right now and having a few etopics or PAC’s I think they call them but all in all I’m feeling well. I will be in touch along the way to keep you updated on my progress.

Victoria
Re: Had Ablation with Dr Natale
August 19, 2020 02:57PM
Thanks Victoria. Any background on you and your AF history for reference?
August 21, 2020 08:15AM
May you enjoy durable NSR for decades to come. Dr. Natale and everyone at TCAI is amazing. And Shannon is an incredible human being.
August 22, 2020 11:18AM
My journey with a fib began in 2015. I was very symptomatic and had very poor quality of life. In 2016 I had a six hour ablation at NYU in New York City because a friend went there and hers was successful. Then six months later I had the 2nd ablation. When that failed and I was told I needed a third i wasn’t going back to that EP. I discovered this wonderful forum and decided it would be with Dr Natale. He had a few openings, because of Covid, so I snatched one up. With Shannon’s help and advice I went forward with the plan It worked out perfectly, the flight, the hotel, and the hospital.

I see you will be having your ablation next week. Dr Natale and his staff will take good care of you.
I wish you all the best. You are in the best hands.
Are you flying out or driving?

Victoria
August 22, 2020 11:27AM
AB PAGE

Thank you for your well wishes. I’m in the blanking period and taking it slow.
Did you have an ablation with Dr.Natale?
August 22, 2020 01:15PM
Driving down, quarantining and N95 masking in public until the procedure.
August 24, 2020 09:57PM
A little off topic, I had my one year Watchman TEE last week at Scripps. Dr Natale “installed” the Watchman because of a slow velocity LAA. How we got insurance to approve the Watchman is a story itself.
TEE results were no leaks, position was as placed, and all looked great.
This coming September will mark 6 years afib free after my Dr Natale ablation.
Could this be the end of my 10 Year afib saga?

Shannon also helped me along the way. God bless him. 😷
August 25, 2020 12:15AM
Great news!

And I'd really like to hear the insurance story. That's a big deal these days.
August 25, 2020 07:36AM
Glad it went well. Yes, Shannon is a saint...
August 25, 2020 12:18PM
One night I had a gallbladder attack. Because with a gallbladder attack, the diagnosis is usually to have your gallbladder removed. I met with a few surgeons. None of them would agree to operate to remove my gallbladder using DR. NATALE‘s bridging protocol. The sticking point seem to be when to begin anticoagulation after the surgery.

It was presented to the insurance company that simply waiting for me to have a gallbladder attack and possibly infection while being actively on Eliquis and with a slow LAA, was not a good idea. If I had a Watchman, the whole situation would be different. They approved the Watchman. My gallbladder seem to get better. It’s been a year and a half since I had the gallbladder attack and I’m doing fine with my gallbladder and my Watchman.

As a side note, when the insurance company was billed for the Watchman, they denied the claim saying that it was an experimental device. Luckily we had the preapproval letter.
August 25, 2020 02:37PM
gmperf
One night I had a gallbladder attack. Because with a gallbladder attack, the diagnosis is usually to have your gallbladder removed. I met with a few surgeons. None of them would agree to operate to remove my gallbladder using DR. NATALE‘s bridging protocol. The sticking point seem to be when to begin anticoagulation after the surgery.

It was presented to the insurance company that simply waiting for me to have a gallbladder attack and possibly infection while being actively on Eliquis and with a slow LAA, was not a good idea. If I had a Watchman, the whole situation would be different. They approved the Watchman. My gallbladder seem to get better. It’s been a year and a half since I had the gallbladder attack and I’m doing fine with my gallbladder and my Watchman.

As a side note, when the insurance company was billed for the Watchman, they denied the claim saying that it was an experimental device. Luckily we had the preapproval letter.

Crap Crap Crap. I wasn’t aware of insurance restrictions.

I am getting my LAA ablated next week and have a on and off painful gallbladder. I tried in vain to get my gallbladder removed because of the roadblock was having Arrhythmia In November. The excellent surgeon refused. The head of the department also refused a colonoscopy while in arrhythmia. The second roadblock during a three week window of no arrhythmia was in May— the hospital had a very high covid19 outbreak. So bottom line I am living with gallbladder polyps and a sore belly and I am in arrhythmia and the hospital still has one of the highest covid19 in California.

I had an appointment last week via phone with a cardiologist who specializes in AF and stroke prevention. His advise was to get the LAA and the risk of a stroke is .6% even if I didn’t bridge. He recommended having the gallbladder surgeon determine the bridging and Eliquis hold length. Thank you Carey for your advice to only listen to Natale’s bridging protocol. It won’t be laparoscopic because of previous surgeries and scar tissue so it’s major surgery.

Now I have the insurance. Thank you gmoerf for your story. I hope you feel better. Jackie on this forum had her gallbladder removed recently. Maybe she will see this thread and respond. Feel better!
August 27, 2020 10:11AM
gmprf and susan d - Re: my recent gallbladder surgery.

I had no previous symptoms..at least that I was aware of. April 30, I had just had abdominal pain at 1 am which wasn't going away so I went to the ER via transport.

My last touchup ablation after LAA isolation was in 2015...and no heart-associated complaints or symptoms. The prelim radiographs showed enlarged GB. blocked by a large stone. Since I'm on Eliquis, the bridging with heparin began...Wed. pm... surgery was Sat am. Home Sunday. Back on Eliquis. Laparoscopic procedure so minimal abdominal discomfort.

No heart issues; all remained calm and, thankfully, remains that way.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login