Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cortisone shot ?

Posted by bettylou4488 
cortisone shot ?
August 07, 2020 06:35PM
I have tendentious and going effusion in a shoulder. Weighing options as it can be quite painful and mobility is down. One option is cortisone shot. I thought hmm.. I know steroids internally can affect heart rhythm-- but can cortisone shots? I did a quick search on the forum but didn't see anything.

Thanks
Re: cortisone shot ?
August 07, 2020 07:40PM
No opinion on shots, but this has worked well for me and a number of friends. book: [www.amazon.com].

John Kirsch MD and orthopedic surgeon fixed his own shoulder and after prescribing this to others cut his shoulder surgery business dramatically.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2020 07:41PM by GeorgeN.
August 07, 2020 08:05PM
Many thanks!! I will pick that up!
August 08, 2020 03:11AM
The steriod eventually goes throughout the whole body after awhile, so it carries the same risks as oral steroids, probably to a lesser extent though, depending on where it's injected. You could ask for a low dose the first time around to see how you react. Some medical professionals say that the drug just stays in the joint, others recognize it doesn't. Having used many Steroids both orally, and by injection, I can always feel the drugs systemically after awhile. (for example, I get an injection in my knee, and then I have less pain all over from other problem areas).
August 08, 2020 09:50PM
thanks. good idea on trying a lesser amount the first time.
August 09, 2020 02:24AM
I never had any AF issues getting steroid shots for my injured shoulder in the past. I also was on a strong oral dose of steroid in 2009 for two weeks...tapering dose from a high dose to low for a serious condition....no AF issues.

but that is me...everyone is different. I get AF from salty foods, msg, too much sugar/carbs, dehydration, lack of sleep, bending over, drinking too fast, stress....but tons of folks on this forum do well with my trigger list and it doesn't bother them.

my GP doctor doesn't use steroid injections in his office [opposed to the ortho doctor]. He uses an ultrasound to guide his needle safely and carefully shoots me with ozone and some herbal stuff for the pain. It works too for range of movement. I feel so much better afterwards, short lived after a day or two... but I needed this treatment 2-3 times a week for a few weeks to feel totally better.
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2020 02:29AM by susan.d.
August 10, 2020 08:08PM
so you get ozone injections? that is cool. my dentist uses ozone but I don't think he'd give me a shot in the shoulder LOL.
August 10, 2020 08:21PM
I used to get them in my shoulder and knee. My GP doesn’t take insurance anymore so if I fall again I’ll need a steroid shot from an ortho doctor. You may want to investigate ozone injections.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2020 08:22PM by susan.d.
August 18, 2020 10:16AM
Late to this topic but I have had several injections in each shoulder, one in my back and two in my neck without any issue in reference to arrhythmia. I had a bizillion injection in both knees leading to replacements without issue (prior to my ablation).

Steve
Spring, Tx..
August 24, 2020 01:32PM
thanks for the reply-- I'm still on the fence but got into a couple ortho docs this week. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login