Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A great post by Jackie - worthy of its own thread

A great post by Jackie - worthy of its own thread
August 05, 2020 12:33PM
Jackie put a lot of great links to previous posts in this response. This is easily in the top 5 posts I've read in a year in this forum. Must read if you haven't - must read again if you haven't in a while. Thanks Jackie.

[www.afibbers.org]
Re: A great post by Jackie - worthy of its own thread
August 05, 2020 01:26PM
When you read the first paper Jackie linked [www.ahajournals.org] One of the graphs is here:

Here is a one pager for practitioners on hsCRP from Cleveland Heart Lab [www.clevelandheartlab.com]

The last several times I've had labs run, the hsCRP has been done by Cleveland. They consider anything <1.0 as good. Mine are always <0.3. Other labs I've used in the last five years have the same limits. Several points here.

1) a lot of the data in the paper are below 0.3 and they are "grading" that. Whereas most labs don't give you that detail. In fact, you are considered stellar if <0.3, no matter what.

2) our doc, Gundry, tells us that hsCRP is very non specific. It could be heart related, but it could be many other things. My non-afibber wife, who is otherwise very healthy will get a reading of 0.6. However she has ongoing orthopedic pain issues that are likely the cause. An illness, smashing your finger in the car door & so on can be the cause of an elevated hsCRP reading. So, if you are really low, that is good. If it is higher, you need to do more work to figure out why and not just assume it is afib (or whatever).

I recall that I had a reading of 0.5 way back during my 2.5 month episode 16 years ago. I don't have those data easily accessible to verify. At the time, nobody considered it anomalous. Looking at the above paper, maybe it was for me. Since I've mostly been in NSR subsequently, the readings really don't indicate anything about afib and hsCRP.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login