Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hydroxocobalamin and heart arrythmia

Posted by DavrosT 
Hydroxocobalamin and heart arrythmia
July 30, 2020 03:34PM
So.... has anybody had any experience taking vitamin B12 injections and 'interactions' with your heart?

I only ask as I self-administered hydroxocobalamin for the first time on Wednesday, due to deficiency. I had some tremors/edginess in the night, which is apparently normal.

But my heart has been a little bit over-excited since. I'm not sure whether it's because I was quite nervous about the injection. I bought a self-injector, but my hand was still shaking. Needles don't bother me at all, but there's something inherently wrong in stabbing your own skin, still.

I was getting hard ectopics last night, along with subtle, weird flutters. But I'm still not sure whether it was due to the injection or not. Side effects lists do mention arrhythmias, but when you're somebody that already suffers with bad ectopics (3 years post-ablation) I never know what causes them anymore to be perfectly honest.
Re: Hydroxocobalamin and heart arrythmia
July 30, 2020 04:01PM
I inject myself with methyl cobalamin 500 units another form of vit b12 without any side effect .
For your post ablation ectopics I had good experience with bisoprolol 2,5 mg . Ask your cardio if its right for your case.

Best wishes,

Ben
July 30, 2020 04:06PM
Thanks Ben.

I'm just now awaiting results of a Zio Patch and I'm planning to ask my cardio for something along those lines regardless of whether he thinks it's necessary. I'm so tired of constant, breathing taking ectopic beats.
July 30, 2020 07:14PM
DavrosT
So.... has anybody had any experience taking vitamin B12 injections and 'interactions' with your heart?

I only ask as I self-administered hydroxocobalamin for the first time on Wednesday
What dose did you inject? I inject 1 mg of hydroxocobalamin and notice no heart side-effects at all. I just experience an overall boost.
July 31, 2020 05:37AM
Daisy

I only ask as I self-administered hydroxocobalamin for the first time on Wednesday
What dose did you inject? I inject 1 mg of hydroxocobalamin and notice no heart side-effects at all. I just experience an overall boost.

I'm also injecting 1mg myself. I don't remember this happening when I had loading doses about 18 months ago over a 2 weeks period either.

Perhaps it was just the nerves that caused it. Hopefully!
July 31, 2020 03:31PM
Am I the only one here not injecting myself ?
July 31, 2020 05:23PM
NotLyingAboutMyAfib
Am I the only one here not injecting myself ?

I don't know about that, I wasn't until recently.

But I take PPIs and my absorption of most vital vitamins is atrocious.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login